2) the watch = danski

3) north circular at night = garfield le chat

also if my gf is allowed to vote

1) planes moon starts trees = robster 970

2) man and the moon = heache

kakuma

Banned
Banned
i think you lot are just scared incase someone who spend all day photographing shit instead of working might win, if they want to enter the competition let them

my 3 votes go to ninjaboy by the way

GarfieldLeChat

fucking awesome but wrong
Ninjaboy said:
i think you lot are just scared incase someone who spend all day photographing shit instead of working might win, if they want to enter the competition let them

my 3 votes go to ninjaboy by the way
what order trolly

the rules said:
Vote for your 1st, 2nd and 3rd favourites. 1st choice is worth 3 points, 2nd 2 points and 3rd 1 point -- the entry with the most points wins and chooses the next theme.

GarfieldLeChat

1st Mesh - mauvais mangue
shame about the box in the middle otherwise perfect shot nicely done.
2nd the gateway - Zimri
another great shot.
3rd Gimp - disco dave 2000
really like this shot

thefuse

1. second by paulo. this picture really draws me in
2. entry by lighterthief (as above)
3. millenium hug

i like some of the more technically perfect pics too but
everyone else does too so sod em ;)

aurora green

Tectonic
Ok my choices;
1st, The watch - Danski
2nd, Boom - Riot Sky
3rd, Fukoka city- ninjaboy

I feel really inspired to do dome B&W photography, I kind of left it behind since I got a digital camera. I love the cinematic quality of Danskis' shot.

llantwit


Corr, this is hard, eh? Here's my tuppence. I do like 'people' photos more than others, it seems. Didn't know that before!

First: The Watch - Danski
Second: Gimp - Disco Dave
Third: My son at Butlins - Aurora Green

I also loved:
Entry One - Snadge
The Gateway - Zimri
Boom - Riot Sky
Moon - Blackadder
Girl - Mauvais Manque

Crabalocker

Thaks for letting me in!

Although I do not spend much time on line I do intend to contribute to this forum and thought the comp was as good a starting point as anywhere :)

My votes:
1 = ambience - mauvais mangue
2 = Boom! - Riot Sky
3 = Spin me round - Iemanja

Was hard to choose, lots of others were real good.

mauvais

change has become unavoidable
Well, this was difficult...

1. Boom! - riot sky

2. Bollards - Robster970

3. Cold Beer, Dirty Girls - llantwit

I really liked Garf's North Circular, and sovietpop's The End of the Night, amongst a lot of other reallt good stuff.

dlx1

1st M6 at Midnight - GarfledLeChat
2nd man and the moon - hedache
3rd old skool - ninjaboy

* Mesh - mauvais mangue, I did like this was in my top 3, But keep looking at white lines nice but as cut off stoped the flow :( Shame

NYE06 - Addy :cool: Should it not be NYE05 as it the eve after 12am it be NYD06 :p :D

what

1. entry 2 - lighterthief
2 Entry 1 - Snadge
3 leftism hiccup

Great shots by all yet again. I really do love this competition always really inspiring.

Derian

Very hard to decide, I really liked many of these.

1. Ambience - mauvais manque
2. Moon - blackadder
3. Flicked a coin on this one ..... the watch - danski (boom! - riot sky lost the toss :( )

Other great ones: tron - danski, Mesh - and - Girl - mauvais manque, The End Of The Night - sovietpop, Old Skool - ninjaboy, snow -what, Wheel - Garfield le Chat, tyne and sage - riot sky, leftism - hiccup :)

Nina

muftysludge
Top 3

wow, so many, so hard to decide.

my final decision...

1) Tron Danski
2) Twisted The Fuse
3) Entry 1 Snadge (cos it's so different from anything else here)

Also, big up to Garfled Le Chat - some really nice ones.

Might get my arse in gear and enter soon!

ricbake

working out how
Great pics

for me its
-3rd - night light crabalocker
-2nd - entry 3 - Snadge
-1st - Wheel - GarfieldLeChat
:) Thanks :)

KeeperofDragons

Crazy dragon lady
My three, before I change my mind for the umpteenth time

Tron - Danski
Things that go bump in the night - Wiskey
Snow - What

Loads of great pics, great theme Robster

KoD

Biddlybee

making knots with sticks
As always there were more than three that I really liked, so was hard to narrow it down... but these get my vote:

1) the watch - danski
2) tron - danski
3) chinese new year - tank girl

(the others I rated: boom, ambience, moon, first, bollards and Planes moon stars trees)

Skim

has retired
riot sky said:
He did register in 2005, so I`ll let him in, yeah?

That's nice of you :rolleyes:

What's all this shit about banning people from entering because they're new posters? I've never seen anything in the rules about not being able to vote because you're new to the forums. Never. When was this rule brought in, who voted for it, and where is it in writing?

It's not up to you to "let him in", it's up to everyone. Since when did you become the self-appointed arbiter of who's allowed to enter this photo competition?

Correct me if there's some bigger story behind this, btw, but on first glance it looks as though you're suddenly making up the rules...

Anyway, my votes are:

1. Iemanja: Huh
2. Sovietpop: The end of the night
3. Robster: Bollards

Also liked Aurora Green's pic of her son and Danski's 'Watch' photo – only the reflection in the window put me off voting, but otherwise a great pic :)

Addy

cooking...
1. Entry 1 - Snadge
2. night light - Crabalocker
3. fukoka city - ninjboy

thedyslexic1 said:
NYE06 - Addy Should it not be NYE05 as it the eve after 12am it be NYD06 :p :D
Yeah :oops: (pedantic fucker) :p

GarfieldLeChat

Skim said:
That's nice of you :rolleyes:
here we go again... :rolleyes:

Skim said:
What's all this shit about banning people from entering because they're new posters? I've never seen anything in the rules about not being able to vote because you're new to the forums. Never. When was this rule brought in, who voted for it, and where is it in writing?
it was a question to the thread you wanna get off your high horse...

Skim said:
It's not up to you to "let him in", it's up to everyone. Since when did you become the self-appointed arbiter of who's allowed to enter this photo competition?
no apparantly not...

Skim said:
Correct me if there's some bigger story behind this, btw, but on first glance it looks as though you're suddenly making up the rules...
yup yet again you get hold of the wrong end of the stick and attempt to start crap on the photo comp thread start a new thread or summit not on this one, when are you gonna get this...

for refference it has been previously discussed whether it was acceptable as for someone who hadn't posted ever before and indeed made any contribution to urban should be allowed to enter or to spam the boards with links to their portfolios from other sites. use the search faculity and find the thread regardng it and add your comments there.

The reason he was asking was if you had bothered to follow the thread you would have seen he was doing the thumbnails on behalf of last months winner who is on holiday so that the voting would not be delayed... the question in context therefore is totally acceptable should the person add the thumbnail to the thumbnails they were doing as this person had not previously contributed to the boards.

get it

girasol

Ubuntu
I like too many entries, lots of technically great photos, and some very striking ones too.

so, here they are:

1) Entry One - Snadge
2) Boom! - Riot Sky
3) Mesh - mauvais mangue

There were lots of other photos I really liked (in no particular order, well, in the order they were entered) too including:

Twisted - thefuse
my son at Butlins - aurora green
first - paolo999
Wheel - GarfieldLeChat
North Circular at night - GarfieldLeChat
PRoD - Alef
Night Life Cancelled - Hocus Eye
the watch - danski
tron - danski
things that go bump in the night - wiskey/link - elvis parsley: go very well together
hands in the air - elliot

london wheel - Crabalocker: looks great but I wish it was a bit larger so I could see it in more detail...