March photo competition: Nightlife

Discussion in 'photography, graphics & art' started by Robster970, Mar 4, 2006.

1. Crabalocker

Crabalocker New Member

I'm well chuffed I got some votes, always a pleasure to please someone elses eyes. Suprised 'night light' was the one that got votes, I thought my other 2 entries would be more liked and they got none! Just goes to show you can NEVER second guess an audiance.
    Loved the differing approaches to the subject, looking through previous comps the same is very true. We all see the world so differently and it shows in our pics, I love that.

2. GarfieldLeChat

GarfieldLeChat fucking awesome but wrong

this is what i have added up so far (post 299) it's in excel looks like danski is winning with 21 votes for the watch.

Attached Files:

3. Biddlybee

Biddlybee making knots with sticks

Congrats danski - is a great photo :D

Nice one to robster970/riot sky for the thumbs [​IMG] and garf for the stats.

4. Robster970

Robster970 Pay homage to Global Bob

oh man, I wish I'd have seen this earlier. I rushed back from the airport and have been doing this for the last hour or so.........I said at beginning of month that I'd do adding up as well as thumbs.

Congrats Danski - it's a belter and a well deserved winner :D

5. aurora green

aurora green Tectonic

Yeah, well done Danski! I love that shot. :cool:

6. danski

danski Comfortable chair.

wow! cant believe it!
    i did log in earlier an started to post, but useless solicitors and mortgage lenders have occupied me for the last few hours and have sadly taken some of the shine off now but still, im really surprised
    once the voting started i was really chuffed like last month to get a few votes but never thought id win...some really good entries

7. dlx1

dlx1 Well-Known Member

wich one of Danski ?

In the future of photo competition can a link to the winning image be put in the 1st post under the Thumnail url.
    each month I think this easy to see winning Image :)
    ===========
    good stuff did make me lol Night wach man

8. aurora green

aurora green Tectonic

Danskis' winning shot!

[​IMG]

9. Groucho

Groucho Wrapped in plastic

I was just about to vote for that one... :)

10. snadge

snadge metal alchemist

well done danski, great picture.

:)

11. craigxcraig

craigxcraig Prefers 'cxc'

Congrats Danski - good work!

12. disco_dave_2000

disco_dave_2000 la la lapland

well done Danski - great subject matter - as others have said I found the reflection distracting - but a worthy and popular winner looking at the votes :)

13. danski

thank you all very much
    now, as far as i see, the protocol is that i choose a new topic and sort out the thumbs and stuff, but the trouble is that im going away for 5 weeks and wont be back til the end of may and cant be sure of a consistent internet connection, so would it seem appropriate to bestow this honour onto second place?
    i hope that doesnt sound ungrateful, but i wouldnt want to take the job on and be unable to fulfill my duty and jepordise the smooth running of next months comp :(

14. hiccup

hiccup King of the Vagabonds

I'm sure if you choose a topic, and start a thread, others will happily sort out the thumbnails.

15. danski

yeah?
    i wasnt sure if that wouldve been acceptable as it seems like doing the fun bit without the work that goes with it...want to pull my weight like
    maybe see what the general consensus is

16. mauvais

mauvais change has become unavoidable

I'll host them again if people liked the format.

17. Derian

Derian New Member

Congrats danski - well deserved :)

18. hiccup

The winner doing the thumbnails thing has only really started over the last couple of months. Shouldn't be a problem. I don't mind doing them :)

19. wiskey

wiskey Albatross Admirer

excellent idea :)

well done danski

who came second and thrid btw?

20. hiccup

Yeah, I thought it was fine. Worked well.

21. GarfieldLeChat

GarfieldLeChat fucking awesome but wrong

so long as you choose a decent topic not my mums new hat or soem such rubbish then i see no issue it's only recently that winners have had to do the thumbnails anyways....

you won, fair and square like so ou should be up there regardless of what you are doing afterward, though of course you loose half a million votes instantly if you don't vote in the next photo comp ;) :p:D and hiccup comes round to saw off your legs with a blunt nikon!!

22. Robster970

dead easy to use to.....

23. danski

:D :D :D

glad thats ok then just that as i dont know anyone here i dont wanna give the wrong impression
    anyway, ill go away and think something up.....watch this space
    thanks again

24. Robster970

that's been more out of choice than anything specific, same goes for the adding up. think it came about to give hiccup a break from it all.

25. boskysquelch

boskysquelch Banned Banned

I thought it was a bit gurly! :p

26. Crabalocker

Crabalocker New Member

Well done Danski, a deserved winner. Btw, I actually like the reflections ;)

27. lizzieloo

lizzieloo Numpty extraordinaire

Can we have a full list of votes like last month?

I don't have excel :oops: :(

28. Hocus Eye.

Hocus Eye. Snap, crop, scrap crap R.I.P.

You don't need Excel. If you download OpenOffice which is free. You can use OpenOffice Calc which will display it perfectly. Just download the file and then fire up Openoffice Calc and finally open the file inside Openoffice Calc.

Don't try to use the Windows 'Open This File' With menu because it won't recognise it as valid.

Hocus

29. Firky

Firky The first of the gang Banned

Top five:

1] danski - winner
    2] riot sky - boom
    3] crabalocker - night light
    4] danski - tron
    5] garf - wheel

30. lizzieloo

lizzieloo Numpty extraordinaire

Tanking you :)