1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maoists in Brixton

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by Orang Utan, Jul 24, 2013.

1. butchersapron

butchersapron blood on the walls

The girl would have been 14 when her mum died (13 when the accident happened). So should already have been on someones books.

2. Gramsci

Gramsci Well-Known Member

All report say is there was an open verdict.

Still have no idea of what possible charges will be.

3. leanderman

leanderman Street Party: July 2

Lambeth lost track of half the properties it owned - no surprise that children also got 'lost'.

4. CH1

CH1 "Red Guard"(NLYL)

The open verdict is open - it doesn't mean not a suicide.
    Presumably the police will be investigating. But after all this time there will be scant evidence. The Malaysian woman may be the key to unravelling it all.

5. leanderman

Yes. Things like this never go away.

6. el-ahrairah

el-ahrairah forward communism, forward gerbils!

I think now is definitely the time. you can't buy media coverage like this.

7. CH1

CH1 "Red Guard"(NLYL)

You could start a branch of Naxalites. Been popular in India for years: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naxalite
    The name has the added advantage that is sounds as though it has Bob Marley links.

8. leanderman

Old Comrade Bala was almost right about one thing: that the Chinese would invade London. Only problem is they're armed with cheque books rather than guns!

9. butchersapron

God but you're a dick.

marty21 and Thimble Queen like this.
  10. ibilly99

ibilly99 Banned Banned

Last edited: Nov 28, 2013
  11. Dexter Deadwood

Dexter Deadwood Left Voluntarily Enforced Holiday Banned

Comrade Bala is not incarcerated neither has he been charged with any offence.

12. Johnny Canuck3

Johnny Canuck3 Well-Known Member

CH1 likes this.
  13. Johnny Canuck3

The Cultural Revolution was no picnic, either.

14. Johnny Canuck3

I always thought that this was CG.

15. Johnny Canuck3

If you watch that video, there are squadrons of female soldiers in miniskirts. I'm not sure if the US or British armies have any miniskirt squadrons.

I wonder if miniskirts are better or worse for overall fighting?

16. leanderman

Greeks and Romans did pretty well in skirts

CH1 and Dexter Deadwood like this.
  17. Johnny Canuck3

Looks like maybe it was for show.

[​IMG]

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/china-news/mini-skirts-thomas-edison-lies-told-china-23810.html

18. co-op

co-op Free the rhubarb crumble!

Having had a child in Lambeth in the past 5 years I can tell you the post-natal 'care' is almost non-existent. We had one health visitor come round who was useless and lectured us about how we should ignore the baby if it cried and that was it, not one single other visit, letter, nothing.

Considering how bad the HV was we were quite happy with that.

Gramsci likes this.
  19. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

20. leanderman

I think they 'help' only where there is need

If you look competent they leave you alone.

21. leanderman

22. butchersapron

Will be interesting to see if anyone can a) turn up sian davies then boyfriend who his family paid money to be strong-armed from the maoists and b) if he's up for talking.

23. Gramsci

Good article here. Do not always agree with Cohen put on this he is spot on.

idumea, Onket, CH1 and 3 others like this.
  24. Dexter Deadwood

Dexter Deadwood Left Voluntarily Enforced Holiday Banned

I share your sentiments about Nick Cohen, it's a good article and i am surprised he wrote it.

25. DotCommunist

DotCommunist my world is fire and blood

millies as cultish? Never looked that way to me.but then I only know a little bit about the modern sp and not much there so...

26. CH1

CH1 "Red Guard"(NLYL)

Went to a lecture by this guy at Conway Hall this morning.
    The Last Night-f.jpg Federico thinks work is an evil cult - and I can't say I disagree.
    Some of the Conway Hall regulars were a bit put out - "You're supposed to be lecturing on atheism!"
    "How can you be an atheist if you believe in an artificial construct like work?" was his response.

27. Gramsci

I agree I think its a bit harsh to lump them in with cults.

28. Casually Red

Casually Red tomorrow belongs to me

it looks like youve quoted a very unreliable source old chap, and a quick scan through its articles tells me its very heavy on the old anti chinese propaganda.

The articles claim that theres never been a female militia is flatly contradicted by the constant existence of these female militia recruitment posters that go back decades.

http://chineseposters.net/themes/womens-militia.php

and according to this article the Clang Roses..or versions thereof...have been marching in that parade as an all female militia unit since 1958

http://www.zonaeuropa.com/20091002_1.htm

it wouldnt surprise me in the slightest if the chinese have stuck a few more photogenic types out front for publicity purposes but the claim theres no female militia units is very easily contradicted by numerous military related articles and photographic evidence . Female army and militia units have always been a feature of communist states going back a very long time. Especially China, who adoted the slogan of everyones a soldier back in the 1950s .

29. Johnny Canuck3

As I recall my thought at the time, it wasn't that there were no female units in the PLA. More that that particular miniskirted formation had more to do with public relations.

30. Casually Red

Casually Red tomorrow belongs to me

i agree its much too photogenic to be totally kosher but the guys article states clearly

so as thats so demonstrably off the mark i wouldnt listen to a word of what he says afterwards . I think its more likely they simply told all the homely types to stay at home on the day and promoted a few others to the front not entirely on military prowess. The population is massive as massive can be and theyve a pretty big pool of female militia to select from for the photo opportunity .