1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mango Landin bar in Brixton (formerly the Hope/Babushka)

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by editor, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Nanker Phelge

Nanker Phelge Monkey Boy

Excellent post - thanks for that!

CharlyBigPotato likes this.
  2. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

3. Greebo

Greebo 'scuse me, Mrs May, can I have my country back? R.I.P.

And who on earth will be able to afford them? :mad:

4. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Starry Wisdom

they look like the emperor's new flats

equationgirl and Greebo like this.
  5. Greebo

No, that would be Brockwell Gate; all fur coat and no knickers doesn't begin to describe the build quality of those dwellings.

CH1 likes this.
  6. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Starry Wisdom

yeh but at least you can see them

ska invita and Greebo like this.
  7. Greebo

It's early days, Brockwell Gate may yet fall down and those flats may be completed. OTOH that's ignoring the fact that this is Lambeth. :facepalm:

8. Nanker Phelge

Nanker Phelge Monkey Boy

Build quality of Brockwell Gate is fine. I lived in the cheap seats for 10 years and there was never one single problem aside from a leaking pipe within the first 6 months post completion.

I work on build and fit out projects for a living and the quality of build on Brockwell gate is fairly high. Even the fixtures and fittings across the private/affordable/social parts of the project were equal and good.

Aside from the gates (which did not exist on the social/affordable part for the first 18months) it was a great place to live and metropolitan housing did a really good job.

That my neighbours, both those in social housing and those part rent/buy, chose to rent their places out to people for daft money is just another example of the two faced beast that raped Brixton and helped build the new mecca of hip and cool that we live in today....for many it was a doorway to cash and they all went for it.

9. Greebo

I'm surprised to hear you say that when I saw those blocks go up and I've heard from somebody who lives in a privately rented flat on there and doesn't reckon much to the build quality. What about the shorter than usual overflow pipes, whose water stains can be seen down the outside walls? Even one more inch would have prevented that.

10. Nanker Phelge

Nanker Phelge Monkey Boy

At the posh end...ha ha...there are some issues. Where I was it was all very good.

Greebo likes this.
  11. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

12. ViolentPanda

ViolentPanda Hardly getting over it.

13. DietCokeGirl

DietCokeGirl [Your Ad Here]

Keatings are the fucking devil, anyway. Worse lettings agency I ever had the misfortune of doing business with.

14. stethoscope

stethoscope Well-Known Member

Rant away! £635k and under offer! Fucking hell :eek: :mad:

15. T & P

T & P |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

How does a 'luxury' flat differ from any other newbuild home anyway? What features does it have to make it luxurious?

A while ago I saw some newbuild flats being described by the developer as being 'limited edition'. To this day the mind still boggles...

16. Rushy

Rushy AKA some / certain posters

They're all limited edition these days. That's the problem.

17. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

It's now a Hot Yoga chain :(

18. sparkybird

sparkybird ask the bird...

Well I guess it's slightly better than another Sainsbury's...
    Would rather have Mango Landin' though... But that's not going to happen with expensive flats on top

19. brixtonblade

brixtonblade Well-Known Member

The yoga place is called "hot pods"

I dont think I like the idea of getting my pods hot doing yoga.

editor likes this.