1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mangnum Photo sale

Discussion in 'photography, graphics & art' started by not-bono-ever, Jun 5, 2017.

1. RoyReed

RoyReed Must fly!

Usually it means acid-free paper/card, and has an expected shelf life of better than 75 years. Obviously this depends on storage conditions. Atmospheric pollution can fade colours even if the print is kept in total darkness.

The type of photo paper you can buy easily for inkjet printers has all sorts of chemicals in it to make it whiter. These react with the dyes/pigments from normal inkjet printers making them fade very quickly, maybe less than ten years or quicker.

wayward bob likes this.
  2. wayward bob

wayward bob i ate all your bees

cheers :) i have a set of pics i'm thinking of framing for exhibition/sale. got stuck at the financial commitment in printing and framing terms but i *really* should run a test c-type print - i've never seen the output from my fancy camera except on a laptop screen :facepalm::D

3. RoyReed

RoyReed Must fly!

Can I recommend The PrintSpace. I've used them a lot for C-types - they do Giclée as well - and never had a problem. (Make sure you download their colour profiles for the papers you want to use if you're going to soft-proof accurately.)

4. wayward bob

wayward bob i ate all your bees

thanks for the recommendation. i did a bit of research into print pricing and there seems to be quite a range for the same output specs - it seems to vary on how much input there is from print techs beyond pressing "print" iyswim. for an exhibition print run i wondered if it might pay off to go for a more intensive service - seeing as it's realistically going to be done online not in person? i've certainly experienced inconsistency within batches when printing for publication - maybe because by default i go for the cheapest service (or maybe my image editing is whack :D)

5. spitfire

spitfire scouting party

6. spitfire

spitfire scouting party

That's sun glare bottom left.

Very pleased with these. :)

7. spitfire

spitfire scouting party