Manchester United 18/19: finishing second best

Discussion in 'football' started by chilango, May 26, 2018.

1. Wilf

Wilf Meeting few of his KPIs

Bernard Cribbins?

2. TruXta

TruXta tired

Redcafe is down :)

Wobbly at least

Badgers likes this.
  3. Pickman's model

Pickman's model One star in sight

So this is why trump lowered the white house flag to half mast

hash tag, steveo87, Badgers and 3 others like this.
  4. tommers

tommers Your disco needs you

National day of mourning in Indonesia.

hash tag, Fez909, JimW and 4 others like this.
  5. agricola

agricola a genuine importer of owls

At least those United fans who stayed got selfies with Lucas Moura.

imposs1904 and Wilf like this.
  6. Wilf

Pogba may need a (Catalan) holiday.

agricola likes this.
  7. Favelado

Favelado Half to the Tower, please.

Lads. It's UNITED.

agricola likes this.
  8. Hollis

Hollis Bloody furious

I don't get the reference.. can you explain?

:confused:

9. S☼I

S☼I I don't want your poxy mint

Is Mourinho gone, then? Can he turn it round from here?

10. billbond

billbond Well-Known Member

will be lots of sad united fans on the trains heading back to London, ipswich, Birmingham,Exeter, Cambridge, Shrewbury,kent, etc etc this evening

11. agricola

The end of that press conference was almost as good as Keegan's rant.

edit: here it is -

:eek:

Voley likes this.
  12. Wilf

Only saw the 2nd half, but Shaw looked the best player. In fact he looked like the only one who gave a shit - thus the Mourhono cuddles at the end.

agricola likes this.
  13. sealion

sealion Splish splash splosh

They weren't in the best of moods on the way up!

14. Wilf

He takes everything personally, but fucking hell, that's embarrassing. He genuinely can't stop himself, it's pretty much pathological - wtf does that do to bring the team together and rebuild things for the next game?

Wonder if Bobby Charlton gives him a little 'look' after that kind of nonsense?

Totoro303, Hollis, sealion and 2 others like this.
  15. The39thStep

The39thStep Well-Known Member

Good to see a manager follow the supporters example of leaving Old Trafford early.
    Whilst everyone ran around with effort in first half it must have set a Premiere League record for miss hit passes and giving the ball away . Lukaku should have scored when he missed an open goal and that would have allowed Mourinho his favourite defend and counter attack , could have made a diffrence . However Spurs started to play a bit in the first fifteen minutes of the second half and Moura was superb ironically reminding me of Sanchez before he retired whilst United miss hit slightly less passes and gave the ball away.
    Sputs of course didnt buy anyone in the transfer window and not a word from their manager about the need to open the cheque book but thats the diffrence , ones a coach and the other was a coach but is now Football Manager on cheat mode.

Badgers likes this.
  16. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

He's finished.

17. The39thStep

Three games into the season, with the first game of the CL in September?

18. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Mark my prediction. Mark it well.

[​IMG]

:D

S☼I, imposs1904 and The39thStep like this.
  19. billbond

billbond Well-Known Member

Sad to see him acting like this, he used to be funny and had interesting things to say at times when he first came to England.
    Now just comes across as angry. morose and bitter.
    Maybe there is more to it and he has something going on in his private life.
    On the phone ins now Spurs fans worried they(united) may come for their manager Poch.
    They have just played his post match interview on the radio, very strange
    Edit ha Just seen someone has put it up, strange ending to it.

Favelado likes this.
  20. MadeInBedlam

MadeInBedlam Arm the mentally ill

I think this is the first Urban thread where I’ve actually got upset at the posts.

21. Favelado

Get Zidane in please because that won't work either. It worked at Madrid because he was a legend there, because Cristiano was there, and it all just gelled. It would go tits up at United though so why don't you give him a call?

Fez909 and tommers like this.
  22. The39thStep

As someone else pointed out on another board he has probably had that line with him holding three fingers and saying he has won more titles than anyone else for a while but couldnt use it untill Wenger retired

big eejit and agricola like this.
  23. agricola

Zidane would sort that lot out; for all that he was a legend at Real and had CR7 they were a fantastically well managed side and that was down to him (and without spending that much either). For example that third Champions League win against Liverpool was the most tactically aware performance for years, he set them up absolutely perfectly to cope with a side that at that point were smashing all comers*.

I am not sure he would win three Champions Leagues in a row again, but he would almost certainly come up with a better plan than whatever that was tonight and would probably not actively demoralize so many of his own players.

* except those managed by Sam Allardyce, bizarrely

24. Favelado

I think it's very much due to circumstances and a particular chemistry between Zidane, fans, and players at Madrid. I'd be surprised if it worked out so well elsewhere. Don't call Simeone though - that's what gives me nightmares. He would potentially turn United into what Mourinho was supposed to - like a 2005 Mourinho. Aggressive, tight, fighty, dominant.

25. The39thStep

Simeone isnt going anywhere this season, they have a real chance to compete for the title .
    Gus Hiddinks a good caretaker manager

26. BCBlues

BCBlues Lend us a Twenner

PSG next for José??

He knows when to get in as much as he knows when to bail out.

27. 1927

1927 Funnier than he thinks he is.

28. Voley

Voley Knees Up Mother Earth

First time I've looked at this thread this season. I admire the optimism of the title.

imposs1904, Dandred, hash tag and 3 others like this.
  29. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

I only listened to the first half and was surprised at the result. Utd did seem to be pressing hard and were unlucky (Lukaku :facepalm:) but looks like a very one-sided second half.

30. The39thStep

Tuchel has only just started at PSG and the club has huge problems with FFP so theres no open cheque book there but if they dont do the semis of the CL there might be a case. Italy possibly although the financial state of clubs albeit improving are still precarious. Having said that some of these clubs have new owners who might want to push the boat out. There simply isnt the money in the Portuguese League unless there is a take over of either Benfica or Porto by some very rich owners.The top three clubs in Spain are a no go area. Might all be a storm in a teacup.

Badgers likes this.