1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Manchester United 17/18: Reigning Europa League Champions, EFL Cup and Community Shield Holders!!!

Discussion in 'football' started by chilango, Jun 21, 2017.

1. The39thStep

The39thStep Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

2. tommers

tommers Yourdisco needs you

Revolution from within. I like their thinking. Infiltrate the system, win hearts and minds and then mobilise the youth teams to install democratic systems and a free vote.

I imagine the fee will eventually go to charity or something.

3. Joe Reilly

Joe Reilly Well-Known Member

Eamonn Dunphy reckons Paul Pogba is worth "about £20 million" and Mourinho is a "diva". Had previously remarked that Ronaldo was a "show pony". In other words any Utd fans with lingering doubts about the ability of either ought to be seriously encouraged by Dunphy's remarks.

Badgers likes this.
  4. donkyboy

donkyboy Crazy cat man

France striker Antoine Griezmann, 26, will demand £400,000 a week to reject Barcelona and join Manchester United from Atletico Madrid. it is claimed :eek:

5. Wilf

Wilf Scratch a white car - for Christmas!

Thoughts on the seemingly likely Sanchez transfer? Looks like a bit of short termism to me, to the detriment of Martial and Rashford (just seen a grauniad piece saying exactly that). In some kind of thought experiment, I'd rather have had a Mkhitaryan (returned to form) instead of Sanchez. Micky gets added to the list of world class players who have failed at OT.

Edit: Kagawa, DiMaria, Schweinsteiger and to some extent Hernandez.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018 at 10:41 AM
  6. imposs1904

imposs1904 Thread Killa'

I guess Forlan and Veron could be added to that list.

Wilf likes this.
  7. Wilf

Definitely - and at least as much as DiMaria - I was just thinking of the post-Fergie era. And for readers of a certain vintage, Gary Birtles.

8. chilango

chilango *shrugs*

Nah.
    • Mkhtaryan - World Class? Really? A decent player, who just isn't a great fit for Jose's Utd. He ought to do better at Arsenal, we'll see.
    • Kagawa - Again, not world class. How's he done since he left Utd?
    • Di Maria - Yes, he was a failure. Top player, looked brillinat for the first few games and then his head went. Real shame.
    • Schweinsteiger - Past it when we got him. He couldn't be arsed.
    • Hernandez - Nowhere near world class. Much as I like him his record since suggests he overacheived with us rather than the the opposite.
    • Forlan - He was good for us.
    • Veron - A huge disappointment. But he was no good for Chelsea either, so suggest the EPL was his problem not the club.

9. Wilf

Okay, take your point, maybe international level rather than world class. But Schweinsteiger aside (age), all of them came with a decent to excellent pedigree/record at their last club and should have done a lot better at United. If we were slipping into that wider 'should have had a better career at United' list, I'd have had Berbatov on there was well. Despite his golden boot year I thought they should have got more out of him, maybe even reinventing him as a creative midfielder as he slowed down (further).

10. chilango

chilango *shrugs*

Hernandez and Forlan didn't iirc. We "hijacked" Forlan from Middlesborough!!! He was decent for us, though not as prolific as he perhaps should've been. Certainly not a failure. Hernandez was not a big name or reputation. He made those with us.

The others? Yeah. Disappointing. But, Di Maria aside, not really our "fault".