1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Manchester United 17/18: Reigning Europa League Champions, EFL Cup and Community Shield Holders!!!

Discussion in 'football' started by chilango, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Joe Reilly

Joe Reilly Well-Known Member

It's something to do with 'genius' rhyming with a certain part of his anatomy. 'Kick it Out!' (where we they in the 80's incidentally) complain that this stereotypes black men. But if the inspiration for the ditty is actually because he wears 13.5 size boots, who is doing the stereotyping then?

2. juice_terry

juice_terry Here is a man who would not take it anymore.

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

3. Wilf

Wilf Tots els coperos són bastards

Wonder what people think about the situation of United and Hampshire police supposedly working together to identify people who sung this? Yep, it's racist relating cock size to ethnicity - and it's racist even if the thing being sung is a 'compliment'. But this also smacks of PR and process - 'we've been forced to do something and will go with 'liaising' with plod'. And if it was racist and presumably a criminal offence a couple of games ago, why didn't they do something then?

edit... just seen 61....>

4. Wilf

Here comes my first inquiry about a footballer's penis size in about 15 years on urban:

So, is that it then? Fans extrapolate from shoe size, United hierarchy and Kick it Out extrapolate from his ethnicity??

5. Joe Reilly

Who knows what it was originally really about, apart from the response being an example of the the politics of the campus being applied to the terraces.

And while the offending ditty is on the crass side, the response to the middle class finger-wagging is genuinely witty. Accordingly, if it is considered to be guilty as charged for singing the first song, then surely an equally guilty verdict must apply for the 'assumption' contained in the second one?

And then what?

Politically approved song sheets handed out prior to games?

With an obligation on every single fan in the ground to provide proof to the authorities that they sung at least one of the them with the necessary gusto?

Wilf likes this.
  6. Wilf

Aye, for decades football's top brass didn't give a fuck about racism. Now there's a top-down, prescriptive, diversity policy approach that shades into actual criminal justice in this case (though I doubt there are actually going to be arrests).

7. happie chappie

happie chappie Well-Known Member

Ffs – seriously. Involve the police? What a waste of their time and resources.

Hardly a “zigger zigger zigger chant.

By all means ask fans not to chant it (and I wouldn’t sing it personally just I don’t sing about Tits, Fanny and United) but threaten to punish people. Jesus.

Just brings anti-racism into disrepute.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
    Wilf likes this.
  8. Wilf

That's it though, the motivations of those seemingly involving the police are not actually anti-racist, or anything most people would understand as antiracist.

9. Joe Reilly

It does appear that the bar is being raised in a surreptitious way purely to ensure 'most people' will be unable to clear it. What the insiders seem happy to ignore is that if 'race' is all you ever feed in, eventually 'race' is all you will ever get out.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
    Badgers likes this.
  10. Joe Reilly

WhoScored.com

Marcus Rashford Characteristics:

'Player has no significant strengths.'

Pickman's model and Badgers like this.
  11. Ole

Ole Well-Known Member

The Martial/Rashford rotation is working like a charm so far isn't it?

Wilf likes this.
  12. donkyboy

donkyboy Crazy cat man

still not convinced by our scoring prowess. City seem to demolish teams more often than us.

13. happie chappie

happie chappie Well-Known Member

City have a better and more exciting starting 11 but United probably a better and deeper squad.

Could be neck and neck. 1968 anyone?

14. Joe Reilly

There is also the potential for teams to demolish City more often.

15. Wilf

Certainly Saturday's squad + pogba in a few week + Ibra in 3 months looks pretty strong.

LiamO and Badgers like this.
  16. donkyboy

donkyboy Crazy cat man

Just as I said. Citeh demolish stoke who we could only draw with.

Badgers likes this.
  17. TruXta

TruXta tired

This Utd team is turning into Mou-era Chelsea isn't it? An abundance of talent marshalled to contain rather than dominate against equals. If it gets trophies then fair play, but, and I never thought I'd say this, I really miss the old Utd. At least you were entertaining.

Badgers likes this.
  18. MadeInBedlam

MadeInBedlam 'He bloody well thinks he's staff!'

Been a long long time since utd played as the old utd.

The39thStep and Badgers like this.
  19. MadeInBedlam

Inevitable losing of game we should never lose.

Badgers likes this.
  20. MadeInBedlam

Oh no. We might get a point against these titans

Badgers likes this.
  21. The39thStep

The39thStep Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

Hush hush
    Whispers who dares
    Christopher Robin
    Has fallen downstairs

Badgers likes this.
  22. Wilf

I once had egg and chips in a pub in Huddersfield and somebody sneezed on it. Not been back since.

Badgers likes this.