Manchester United 17/18: Reigning Europa League Champions, EFL Cup and Community Shield Holders!!!

Discussion in 'football' started by chilango, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Wilf

Wilf Meeting few of his KPIs

'Don't worry, you used to be even worse than this - even I could beat you'.

The39thStep and Badgers like this.
  2. Wilf

- Resets Ambitions -

So, just about favourites to win the FA cup, particularly as Kane is out for Spurs. If that happened and if they get 2nd, would that be 'progress'? Probably, but won't feel like it.

Badgers likes this.
  3. happie chappie

happie chappie Well-Known Member

It’s not losing that pisses me off - it’s the way we lost.

Not sure where to start but how about poor team selection, bad set up, appalling tactics, shocking game management.

Played like a side 4-0 after the first leg and just cruising through the second.

I’d be more than happy to forgive Utd if Jose put his hands up and admit he got it all wrong.

But his post-match analysis is approaching Van Gaal’s level of inanity.

Ps - what the fuck is wrong with Pogba?

A catalogue of lethargic performances and misplaced passes at Palace and again when he came on last night .

Badgers and Wilf like this.
  4. donkyboy

donkyboy Crazy cat man

Fank Fuck Citeh are not in the FA Cup. And they will win the league at OT.

5. 1927

1927 Funnier than he thinks he is.

:D:D:D

Attached Files:

The39thStep likes this.
  6. happie chappie

No they won't.

Badgers likes this.
  7. Wilf

Not helping. :mad:

8. chilango

chilango *shrugs*

they'll win it before

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  9. TruXta

TruXta tired

Seems to me he's uncomfortable with the way he's been asked to play and getting sulky, which speaks to his mental fortitude more than anything else. There's no doubt that when he's on it he's a top player. Until he gets his head screwed on right he won't be world class though.

Badgers likes this.
  10. strung out

strung out (",)

My favourite fact recently was learning that when Liverpool last won the league, Marcus Rashford's dad was 10 years old.

Fez909, tommers, chilango and 5 others like this.
  11. Pickman's model

Pickman's model One star in sight

upload_2018-3-15_9-47-25.png

he's already looking for a way out :D

imposs1904 and Badgers like this.
  12. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

Jose will be out before him :D

Pickman's model likes this.
  13. Pickman's model

Pickman's model One star in sight

they're forming a queue

Badgers likes this.
  14. Wilf

I would have hoped my colleagues on urban would have been more supportive at this difficult time. Disappointed. :(

Badgers, Pickman's model and tommers like this.
  15. The39thStep

The39thStep Well-Known Member

Badgers and agricola like this.
  16. happie chappie

We'll Keep The Red Flag Flying High

Man Utd Will NEVER die

17. The39thStep

The39thStep Well-Known Member

Found this table fascinating ,Chamions League last 16 clubs and fixtures by income
    man utd last 16x income.jpg

18. donkyboy

donkyboy Crazy cat man

Welbeck scores twice and gets an england call up. :cool:
    welbeck or rashford? danny all the way for me. :cool:

Badgers likes this.
  19. Joe Reilly

Joe Reilly Well-Known Member

So if your that much a fan perhaps you think Utd should buy him back?

Or perhaps trade him with Arsenal for Rashford?

One way or the other what layout in hard cash would in your opinion represent good business from a Utd point of view?

Badgers likes this.
  20. copliker

copliker ...

Badgers likes this.
  21. donkyboy

donkyboy Crazy cat man

why would united want to buy him back? only a few rare players are worth a buy back i.e ronaldo. he has gone and that's it. we shouldn't have sold him as jose said. what's done is done.

Badgers likes this.
  22. Joe Reilly

Or to put it another way, less than 30 goals in 6 years means he wasn't good enough then and certainly isn't good enough now. Not for Utd and not for Arsenal. Or indeed for any team with ambition in the Premiership.

The moment that ended Welbeck's career for me was when he was put clean through against Bayern at OT - him and the keeper had half of the pitch to themselves, and what does Welbeck do?

He decides to chip him.

Badgers and The39thStep like this.
  23. Wilf

Spurs then. I'd have United marginal favourites, with Kane playing but maybe not match fit (?), despite the dire performance against Tottenham last time. Not much in though. If they lose, or lose the final against Chelsea (probably) it will feel like another poor season. 2nd in the league is objectively better but the vibe was better last year.

Badgers likes this.
  24. Wilf

Not sure what Mourinho's game is with Luke Shaw. If he really is shit, don't pick him and don't say only a few weeks ago he's the best in the prem or somesuch. It either is bullying or Jose should know it will look like bullying. If he's fat, lazy or whatever he thinks is the problem, sort it or sell him. I know Mourhino does this, but I just don't see the purpose of it with regard to Shaw.

Badgers likes this.
  25. Dandred

Dandred Mmmmm Beer!

26. copliker

copliker ...

Dunno if it's ever come up but I wouldn't be surprised to see him getting sold to Everton or Arsenal, and Alex Sandro brought in for 50 million or thereabouts.

Badgers and Wilf like this.
  27. Joe Reilly

Shaw has/had the potential to be a top player, except it looks like he does not want it enough. He wants a cushy number and zero pressure. Which indicates somewhere else. Both the carrot and stick have been tried. Mourinho is just the latest manager to fail to disentangle the potential/reality contradiction. Either way 'bullying' doesn't come into it.

Badgers likes this.
  28. TruXta

TruXta tired

Rubbish. Both Pocchetino and LVG made it clear that Shaw lacked a mentality they craved, but neither went about it in the way that Mou has.

Badgers likes this.
  29. Joe Reilly

The problem here is Shaw. So in what way is Mourinho 'meant to go about it'? He hooked him at ht in the match with Brighton because he thought Shaw might cost them the game. He also slammed after an away at Watford 18 months ago where Shaw did (although not alone) actually cost Utd the game. In the interim he's also publicly praised his potential. He's publicly mentored him even. But nothing seems to work. Shaw's attitude seems to be 'I'll play this way or not at all'. Ultimately it's not Shaw being scapegoated - its Mourinho.

Badgers likes this.
  30. happie chappie