1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Man with van/removals in Brixton - any recommendations?

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by brixtonvilla, Dec 2, 2013.

1. brixtonvilla

brixtonvilla should be Oslovilla, really

Hi folks. Haven't posted here for a loooong time... Hope you're all well.

What it says on the title, basically. I'm selling my flat in Brixton Hill and need to move some furniture out next week. Stuff (no more than a Transit full) needs to be moved to my parents' place in Wales. Anyone used anyone they'd recommend?

2. shygirl

shygirl Well-Known Member

3. brixtonvilla

brixtonvilla should be Oslovilla, really

Much appreciated, shygirl. Does he have a name?

4. bettie

bettie I don't post

Hi - did you use the van man and was he any good?
    Thanks

5. Boycey

Boycey juvenile rave slut

anyone got any recent recommendations? got a friend in need, will pass on the number in the OP but any more will be appreciated :)

6. Rushy

Rushy igam ogam

There are a few recent recommendations if you trawl through the tradesmen sticky. Gentleman & a Van have always had good reviews from everyone I have mentioned them to.

Boycey likes this.
  7. LizzyH

LizzyH New Member

Toto! He's great, reasonably priced, so friendly and nothing at all was a trouble to him. Got him to help move the heaviest mirror in the world recently and he did it without even realising how heavy it was, then spent about an extra half an hour helping us to ponder how to get a wardrobe into our flat. His number is 07715665297

xsunnysuex and Boycey like this.
  8. xsunnysuex

xsunnysuex Life is a horizontal fall.

Thank you for this. Just got a fantastic quote from Toto. :thumbs:

9. KarenL

KarenL New Member

Glad to hear someone has a good experience with Toto - unfortunately I have not. Last week this man referred me to one of his friends who also does removals and the whole situation has been a complete nightmare. I now have no wallet, no phone and the police have needed to become involved. NEVER come across anything like it before. I definitely do NOT recommend. There are plenty of man w/a van operations - keep you, your possessions and your flatmates safe by using someone else.

10. xsunnysuex

xsunnysuex Life is a horizontal fall.

Sorry to hear that. I dealt with Toto. He was very reasonably priced. And I got a couple of sofa's delivered from Brockley to Brixton, no problem at all. I hope you get whatever problem you had sorted soon.

11. Maggot

Maggot .

So you didn't use Toto, but someone he referred you to?

12. MAD-T-REX

MAD-T-REX Well-Known Member

Bumpity bump.

Has anyone used a man with a van recently that they could recommend? Lino isn't available this week and I didn't have a great experience with Toto when I last used him.

Ta.

13. nuala ginty

nuala ginty Member

14. MAD-T-REX

MAD-T-REX Well-Known Member

Cheers for the link but I think they would be overkill for my purposes. I've only got about 10 boxes and a desk to shift.