Man who lived in car in carpark on Brixton Road died today. Anyone know who he was?

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by Kate Thompson, Jun 24, 2019.

1. Kate Thompson

Kate Thompson New Member

He lived in a car surrounded by his collection for around three years. Think he had something to do with the caravan that had a foxtons forsake sign smashed though it's window a few years back. So wished I'd got chance to chat with him. Friend just told me the police Thier this morning found dead. Really sad. Hope he didn't suffer. please let me know if you have any info wasn't to commemorate him in some way. Cheers

2. cuppa tee

cuppa tee Well-Known Member

Bleak news...I live quite close by and was aware of the guy and that the parking lot has been sealed all day, posted about it earlier on the Brixton news thread here.......Brixton news, rumours and general chat: Summer 2019. Didn't know the man personally and could be wrong but I don't think he was involved with the caravan incident.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
    Kate Thompson likes this.
  3. SheilaNaGig

SheilaNaGig Struggling and striving

Oh no! I always looked out for him / his higgledy piggledy home when I went past on the bus, always with a half-formed thought to find out more about him. He was large in my imagination and I always sent him prayers and blessings as I passed.

4. cuppa tee

Police cordon still in place, there is a big blue tarp covering a large section of the car park

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
  5. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Starry Wisdom

Thread reported and move requested

6. cuppa tee

So a third day of the police cordon, I don't know what happened here but the cops must be taking it v seriously to have a car with at least one officer in it,sometimes two, parked up by the site 24/7.

Gramsci and Pickman's model like this.
  7. cuppa tee

Update...
    Council have now closed the car park permanently
    The unidentified homeless mans belongings remain on site
    Council say they will clear the area on July 5th....
    ...rumour mill saying a second body was found....

Gramsci and editor like this.