1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Man charged for having Anarchist Cookbook

Discussion in 'UK politics, current affairs and news' started by Brainaddict, Jul 17, 2017.

1. gentlegreen

gentlegreen Sproutarian.

Seems appropriate that something typed up in courier 10 point should be hosted on Angelfire :)

Anarchist's CookBook V

Pickman's model likes this.
  2. cupid_stunt

cupid_stunt Handle with care.

The Anarchist Cookbook seems wrong to me, surely anarchists are too thick skinned to make a decent meal from.

gentlegreen likes this.
  3. cupid_stunt

4. chilango

chilango By the many, not the few.

Interesting documentary on Netflix talking to it's author.

American Anarchist | Netflix

Quite sad viewing really. The author seemed to suddenly get wracked with guilt after some pretty aggressive interviewing re Columbine etc. and died soon after the film was made.

magneze and Pickman's model like this.
  5. xenon

xenon Blah blah blah

Wasn't there something similar called the Jolly Roger cookbook?

Wait, what? Roger Cook book? :confused:

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  6. gentlegreen

gentlegreen Sproutarian.

Supine likes this.
  7. Lurdan

Lurdan old wave

Obviously the association of this kind of thing with anarchism is a little out of date given how attitudes have evolved within anarchism's various currents since the 1970s. Take for example this passage from the version of ‘The Poor Man's James Bond’ which Cienfuegos used to sell by mail order.

[​IMG]

We can see clearly how far attitudes have changed. Today random terrorism is strongly disapproved of and even homophobia isn't as tolerated as it once was.

8. Gromit

Gromit International Man of Misery

Can this be extended to Jamie Oliver cookbooks too?

9. cupid_stunt

10. dylanredefined

dylanredefined Not a house elf a tiger

Plenty of info out there on how to build explosives and bombs it comes with a steep learning curve and if you are lucky you might end up in A&E if you are not lucky someone gets to pick up bits of you.

his recipes work though.

11. gentlegreen

gentlegreen Sproutarian.

Pukka, pukka, bacon is a superfood LOL

12. Vintage Paw

Vintage Paw dead stare and computer glare

My chemistry teacher at school had a finger missing.

All chemistry teachers should have bits missing. It shows commitment.

He fell off a cliff and died when on a walking holiday.

13. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Every man and every woman is a star

According to Ann larabee's 'the wrong hands' the fbi's laboratory division advised its bombarding instructions largely accurate but simplistic, incomplete and hazardous (p. 79)

Badgers, likesfish and Fozzie Bear like this.
  14. dylanredefined

dylanredefined Not a house elf a tiger

Okay he does have a face you could grow old punching still his recipes do work.

15. phillm

phillm Trolling through Life (TM)

Bought mine from Compendium Bookshop in Camden back in the early 80's , that was a bloody good bookshop the likes of which I've never seen since. The dog eared book is in the loft which is where it shall stay. I think they had something about smoking bannana skins - which don't work I'm afraid.

Bananadine - Wikipedia

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  16. LynnDoyleCooper

LynnDoyleCooper It's a complicated world innit.

Blast from the past (of another kind...) for Compendium Bookshop though, that was a quality place.

17. phillm

It was they had lots of dope coffee table books that I loved to swoon over such as the Great Book of Hash and the like.

18. A380

A380 How do I change this 'custom title' thing then?

Surely an anarchist cookbook would be full of different recipes for cooking babies?

19. Pickman's model

I got my copy of the holy books of thelema there, and most of my best political books.

Badgers and phillm like this.
  20. phillm

Do what thou wilt , that shall be the whole of the law !

Mordi and Pickman's model like this.
  21. LynnDoyleCooper

LynnDoyleCooper It's a complicated world innit.

Nowadays it'd be bike repair, meeting facilitation, non-aggressive games for children, and an A-Z guide of oppression you might be suffering from/perpetuating.

CNT36, Almor, gawkrodger and 4 others like this.
  22. phillm

Snowflake anarchists....

23. Pickman's model

Love is the law, love under will

24. phillm

I hope you don't chuck cats out of your window to see if they 'bounce'.

Pickman's model likes this.
  25. twentythreedom

twentythreedom Sailing a gravy boat

My chemistry teacher at prep school started a school-endorsed science competition to make rockets, to go either as high as possible from ground launch or as far along a horizontal wire as possible.

We were given formulae for gunpowder and access to the chemical store and experiment chamber as long as the teacher or a lab tech was in attendance. Cue mixing and testing of various fuel mixtures, construction of fuselages and launchpads by schoolboys age 10 - 13. What could possibly go wrong? :hmm:

It was as much fun and as dangerous as you'd expect, and of course the inevitable happened - there were numerous minor burns and skin and eye issues and then a kid blew a finger off and the whole thing was called off :D:facepalm:

I still struggle to understand how anyone even considered giving the go ahead to the whole idea, but for a couple of glorious weeks most of the school was happily constructing horrifically dangerous, badly made, unpredictable, unsafe, high explosive, Blue Peter projectiles :facepalm:

It's one my happiest memories of school, it was absolutely brilliant. Never in a million years would anything like that be allowed nowadays, and rightly so. It was incredibly irresponsible and hugely dangerous but such fucking brilliant fun while it lasted :cool:

26. cantsin

cantsin Well-Known Member

what a place...that basement

27. Gromit

Gromit International Man of Misery

The effectiveness of his recipe books are not being questioned. The arrestable nature of the sort of person that owns them is.

28. hipipol

hipipol Peckham Wry

the AC is wondrous - as a youngun I spent hours over their shaped charged tank killer
    Armed citizenry eh?

29. phillm

Trouble is you buy AC but you get Trump.

30. Riklet

Riklet procrastinación

This guy is a hero. What a fix up.

With a good lawyer surely it's going nowhere tho. Anyone got any links to support pages or legal aid support or funding?