Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

make some recommendations for my Spanish friend

isvicthere?

a.k.a. floppybollocks
Someone I work with (who is from Madrid) and has been to London several times is visiting again next weekend. She´s staying near St. Paul´s and wants to check out some places off the main boring tourist track. I´ve suggested going to see the Bowie mural in Brixton. She also says she wants to find a punk bar/pub. I said there probably haven´t been any of those this millennium.

Anyone got any advice? I´ve been away from London/Brixton for two and a half years now, so I´m a bit out of the loop.

Brainaddict

chief propagandist (provisional)
Someone I work with (who is from Madrid) and has been to London several times is visiting again next weekend. She´s staying near St. Paul´s and wants to check out some places off the main boring tourist track. I´ve suggested going to see the Bowie mural in Brixton. She also says she wants to find a punk bar/pub. I said there probably haven´t been any of those this millennium.

Anyone got any advice? I´ve been away from London/Brixton for two and a half years now, so I´m a bit out of the loop.
Bird's Nest Deptford if she wants a punk pub The Birds Nest - Gigs
Lots of other stuff to see and do around Deptford too if she's prepared to do a bit of research.

T & P

|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|
isvicthere? Not necessarily punk or rock, but Hootananny has loads of live music all all kinds of genres and fusions thereof, as you might be aware of already.

As to alternative things to do, the Royal Mail subterranean train that was recently reopened as an attraction isn’t free but IIRC not that experience as an experience and certainly a bit unusual.

editor

hiraethified

krtek a houby

Share knowledge, don't weaponize it
I think we need some kind of permanent "London Recommendations" thread, there's always some brilliant/unusual ideas on all these threads.

In the meantime, predictably, I'll stick with visiting the Monument as a suggestion.