1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Make Bono history

Discussion in 'world politics, current affairs and news' started by nogojones, Sep 24, 2013.

1. nogojones

nogojones Well-Known Member

2. Casually Red

Casually Red tomorrow belongs to me

hes only got little legs, how did they not catch him . That is unacceptable, particularly for germans . .

3. nogojones

nogojones Well-Known Member

Anarchists really need to get a bit more organised

UrbaneFox, Silva, tallulahj and 5 others like this.
  4. ViolentPanda

ViolentPanda Hardly getting over it.

Perhaps Bono threatened to get his mate Udo Lindenberg to sing at them, if they caught him?

To be fair, if someone threatened me with an Udo song, I'd do whatever they wanted in order to avoid hearing it! :eek:

likesfish likes this.
  5. Sprocket.

Sprocket. Weary, Worn and Sad.

Just seen Bo no on news doing an impression of Bill Clinton, wouldn't mind him doing an impression of Thatcher.:)

6. stavros

stavros Well-Known Member

Or JFK, although the queue to play Oswald might be quite long.

likesfish, tufty79 and Sprocket. like this.
  7. Ponyutd

Ponyutd Greebo likes this....r.i.p.

He needs a good hiding for those specs alone. Fucking spangly stars for fuck's sake, you're not Elton!

Casually Red and SarfLondoner like this.
  8. 8den

8den No I'm pretty sure that was 8ball...

Fucking hell anarchists really are useless, not being able to catch bono with his wee stumpy legs.

9. SarfLondoner

SarfLondoner KenDoddsDadsDogsDead.

I would like to hang him from a tree by his bollox.

tufty79 and Casually Red like this.
  10. ATOMIC SUPLEX

ATOMIC SUPLEX Member Since: 1985 Post Count: 3

From reading about the formation of U2 etc etc, it seems he was always a nob.

Sprocket. likes this.
  11. Barking_Mad

Barking_Mad Non sibi sed omnibus

Sprocket. likes this.
  12. Sprocket.

Me and our Jerzi thought that when we walked out of the Limit club in Sheff in 1980 after they had done three songs, dreadful, bo-no a full on poseur, never seen them live since and never bought owt they released.
    Still think he's a nob.

tufty79 likes this.
  13. Shippou-Sensei

Shippou-Sensei 4:1:2.5

Bono cursus?

14. Sprocket.

Didn't they all belong to some religious sect called shalom or something?

15. ATOMIC SUPLEX

ATOMIC SUPLEX Member Since: 1985 Post Count: 3

When reading the accounts of the band formation by the other members, he was already a well known as a complete knob head around town. He kind of wiggled his way in, in a kind of 'you need me' way. What a tit. Sadly they probably did need him though.
    I'm not sure how they ever made it. There early songs seem to be loose jams with one note delayed guitar all over them. Clearly there is something there, but they are beyond lucky. How they took the simple minds crown I have no idea (actually it was probably when SM went all 'streetfighting years' on everyone), at least simple minds put in the time and effort.

tufty79 and Sprocket. like this.
  16. butchersapron

butchersapron blood on the walls

My god, even this self-aggrandising bollocks is invented. As if anyone non-authorised could get close to the dublin messiah in 2007. And yes of course anyone with criticisms of bono is by definition an anarchist, an crazy - not the bloke who in that interview deigned to compare himself to and appropriate Seamus Heaney. (And that phrase make bono history was around years before 2007 btw).

tufty79 likes this.
  17. ViolentPanda

3 of them (Mullen, Evans and Hewson). Clayton was more interested in smoking weed.

tufty79 and Sprocket. like this.
  18. Idris2002

Idris2002 A kick up the Arás

I've run into Clayton's parents a couple of times in Mayo over the years, they apparently take a dim view of the Bono fellow.

One of my cousins plays the violin on this one (but she's not in the video):

tufty79 likes this.
  19. ViolentPanda

The late and great Stuart Adamson, who was actually quite close to Dave Evans (The Edge), apparently used to tease him by asking "what's it like working with an arsehole on legs?". :)

tufty79 likes this.
  20. Casually Red

what type of teenager..in Dublin.. has a latin nickname...Bono vox..like how does that happen . When you make it up for yourself, thats how . Bono vox. The dick .

salem, tufty79 and SpineyNorman like this.
  21. Casually Red

on the subject of hanging he was outraged at the hanging of Saddam Hussein on the sole grounds that the ones that did it were wearing leather jackets that made them look like ....Serbians...:eek::eek:...:facepalm:, according to Bono . Theres so much wrong in that analysis, not least the fact it was the fault of his 2 genocidal mates who destroyed a nation..its hard to know were to begin .

so middle eastern hangmen should have better fashion sense, look less menacing, and ...um...Serbian.

likesfish and tufty79 like this.
  22. Idris2002

The name was picked from a shop that sold hearing aids under the name "Bona Vox". It's still there, just off O'Connell street.

23. Idris2002

This makes my brain hurt.

likesfish likes this.
  24. alsoknownas

alsoknownas some bloke

:D Fair play.

likesfish, Favelado and tufty79 like this.
  25. spliff

spliff New Member

((((sting)))) :(

tufty79 likes this.
  26. Gingerman

Gingerman Is a great bunch of lads.....

Imagine if the shop was called something like Cunty Vox :hmm:

Casually Red and tufty79 like this.
  27. spliff

spliff New Member

Or Surgical Appliances.
    We might know him now as 'Abdominal Belt'
    [​IMG]

tufty79 likes this.
  28. eatmorecheese

eatmorecheese Rt Hon. Thingummy

29. Pickman's model

Pickman's model The word of Sin is Restriction

likesfish and eatmorecheese like this.
  30. Chilli.s

Chilli.s Well-Known Member

Similar thing happened to me at the supermarket. Too much shopping, thought the boot was closed, got home and it had opened! Oh the life of an international rock star.

purves grundy likes this.