Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Maidstone United vs Dulwich Hamlet, 28/12/2019

Al Cunningham

Brockley Hamlet
To be fair we are playing well. Should be winning but two lapses at the back and going close many times before the goal. Very entertaining

RabbleLevi

The Maidstone fans are in fine and loud voice. Our lot? Not so much. :hmm:

I'm told, via a steward, we have 211 here.
Can you blame them. I’m listening on the Radio and could here our fans in the first half despite being 2-0 down, players should go over to them after the final whistle and applaud their effort!

Taper

Mark McGann
We’re lucky the other also rans in the league are so piss poor. And that only two go down this season. But the team should be deeply ashamed. All the effort, energy and emotion that has gone into this club off the field and the players perform with a shrug and a shuffle. Something serious needs to change.

EDC

A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days
Maidstone have some real bumfluff muppets too, the segregation barrier saved us from a real hiding off the pitch today.

EDC

A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days
They never mentioned free mushy peas to me :( , excellent proper Cornish pasty and gravy but the chips were a bit hard. Lovely ground.

Cat Daisy

212 as I was in the home bit. And suitably embarrassed as we looked again like a team of strangers. The goals were pretty much self inflicted and the lifeline of a goal just before the break was an illusion. By the end of the game we had no defence, a midfield that struggled to pass to the right side and a malfunctioning attack.
Not looking good.

tonysingh

Random Clever and Witty Strapline
They never mentioned free mushy peas to me :( , excellent proper Cornish pasty and gravy but the chips were a bit hard. Lovely ground.
It's my rugged charm and good looks, it's a winning combination that wins over people and gets me extra portions. :thumbs: that and I saw one certain Dulwich Hamlet fan go back for at least 3 servings so blame him if they ran out of mushy peas. :D

Stuart Fordyce

Listened to this on the radio. Sounds like the same failings that have plagued us this season - teams change their tactics at half time, we don't and concede in the second half. As we've usually conceded in the first half as well this usually results us having to fight bloody hard for a draw. We seriously need a centre back with pace to play alongside Smith or Taylor, and to stop signing bloody wingers. Ainsworth could play as a forward in the SPL not so long ago so could surely have done a job alongside Kearney today if Mills wasn't to be picked.

Given the number of defeats we've had this season something has to change, and not just the starting eleven every week.

editor

hiraethified
Listened to this on the radio. Sounds like the same failings that have plagued us this season - teams change their tactics at half time, we don't and concede in the second half. As we've usually conceded in the first half as well this usually results us having to fight bloody hard for a draw. We seriously need a centre back with pace to play alongside Smith or Taylor, and to stop signing bloody wingers. Ainsworth could play as a forward in the SPL not so long ago so could surely have done a job alongside Kearney today if Mills wasn't to be picked.

Given the number of defeats we've had this season something has to change, and not just the starting eleven every week.
Seeing as it's Gavin's tactics that are proving so catastrophically poor - despite a decent sized playing budget and a revolving door of what appears to be talented players - I can't see how there's anyone left to blame but him.

Stuart Fordyce

Seeing as it's Gavin's tactics that are proving so catastrophically poor - despite a decent sized playing budget and a revolving door of what appears to be talented players - I can't see how there's anyone left to blame but him.
Yes, I'd be interested to hear why he, or Junior, think this season has gone so poorly. There's also one or two players I'd love to hear his thoughts on (and his rationale for selecting them) too...

Son of Roy

Tory Scumbag
I think we were better than Maidstone in the first half. Certainly created more goal scoring chances. But as usual the scoreline didn't reflect this. Still at least we didn't lose 6-0 !

TonyWalt

A very poor performance from our out of form, nervous group of talented players who just don’t know how to win a game. As we were segregated, we all had a perfect view (from a brilliant stand it has to be said) of our hopeless defending in the second half. Normally I can’t see the mistakes at the back quite well enough until watching the defeats highlights on YouTube several days after another disappointing result. But today, we had the misfortune to see our dreadful defending in all it’s horrible glory.

StephenMac

All about the defence and its utter ineptitude today. Scoreline flattered what is no more than a bang average Maidstone side.