Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Maidstone United vs Dulwich Hamlet, 28/12/2019

Pink Panther

Just come in the home end if buying a ticket is really too much hassle.
So is this match actually all-ticket then, or just segregated, or only all-ticket for away supporters? Going in the home end, wearing no colours and not being able to cheer if we score/win is hardly a good solution.

Some stewards stared at you. Maybe they should have looked sheepishly at their feet. Oh the humanity!
I've been going to football matches since the 1970s, I've seen the Hamlet at over 200 different away grounds, I went to Football League matches during the 1980s when violent hooliganism was at its worst and coppers weren't too fussy about cracking people's heads when it all kicked off. I can tell the difference between stewards being a bit pedantic but essentially doing a job, and total wankers giving people needless aggravation for their own amusement. At my age I now find the latter extremely tiresome, and if that's the way some clubs treat visitors I'm happy to avoid those clubs and do something else instead. Their loss, not mine.

Anyway, as I stated earlier, I can't personally afford three away trips on consecutive weekends plus the Boxing Day and New Year's Day games, so it now looks like an easy choice to miss this one rather than Hungerford.

the 12th man

So is this match actually all-ticket then, or just segregated, or only all-ticket for away supporters? Going in the home end, wearing no colours and not being able to cheer if we score/win is hardly a good solution.
Maidstone seg all home games now and with us being a club with a large following/fanbase the decision was taken to all ticket the away end.
This is done with the input of the local council and local police, just like we have to do for certain games.

Last edited:

tonysingh

Random Clever and Witty Strapline
There's a large 'Spoons next to Maidstone East station (opposite side to the ground) or for the real ale fans the Flower Pot is excellent if a little small and likely to be crowded on matchdays, a few hundred yards beyond the ground .
The Flower Pot? Is that the one next to Maidstone prison?

Pink Panther

The Flower Pot? Is that the one next to Maidstone prison?
No, it's just off the main road going north from the ground.

The one by the prison is a Shepherd Neame house and I'm not a great fan of their beers so I've never been. (* It's The Swan in County Road, and now appears to be closed from the thread on the Maidstone forum linked below.)

The Rifle Volunteers just off the town centre is decent too, serves the local Goacher's ales. A basic boozer but far enough from the ground not to get too packed. It shuts between 3pm and 6pm though, so don't dash there after the game.

Last edited:

Son of Roy

Tory Scumbag
The Cellars Alehouse is behind Lidl over the river at the bridge.

Drakes is good. One of the oldest buildings in Maidstone.Drakes.jpg

The Royal Albion is closer to the ground. Shepherd Neame.