Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Maidstone United vs Dulwich Hamlet, 28/12/2019

Al Crane

The re-introduction of segregation at Maidstone appears to be down to Weymouth supporters according to this article.

Do we know how many tickets we've been allocated? I seem to recall it was something like 250-500 in the new terraced stand when Dover went there last year.

Scolly

Don't think Wymouth did anything more than fill up the very small terrace they have. It is almost an all-seater stadium and they simply can't manage a big crowd that only wants to stand, hence sectioning people off is seems the only way they can safety manage crowds

B.I.G

Don't think Wymouth did anything more than fill up the very small terrace they have. It is almost an all-seater stadium and they simply can't manage a big crowd that only wants to stand, hence sectioning people off is seems the only way they can safety manage crowds
Fighting the stewards, who are terrible.

Blitzwalker

According to the link, the clubhouse bar isn't open this Wednesday evening, which is a bit of a nuisance as this is the only night I can make it this week!

tonysingh

Random Clever and Witty Strapline
I'm very much 50/50 on this one. I am uncomfortable being a ton of people but equally so going on me own. I can't get to Champion Hill to get my ticket, if I do decide to go, could someone get me a ticket and I'll PayPal you the money or give it you in Maidstone? Plus it'd give me the opportunity to not be a miserable old school dinosaur and actually buy you a pint.

Ta.

EDC

A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days
They don’t like giant lobster claws.

I still haven’t been there, now with it being all ticket I really can’t be arsed.

tonysingh

Random Clever and Witty Strapline
They don’t like giant lobster claws.

I still haven’t been there, now with it being all ticket I really can’t be arsed.
I doubt it'll twist your arm but Maidstone is a nice town to visit.

Sparkle Motion

Away section holds up to 600, depending on where the black netting is positioned. 30 seats and a couple of disabled spots have been added to the front three rows. Normally away fans decide among themselves who need the seats most, but might be different if all ticket. A Weymouth fan did come on the pitch and a few acted like dicks. Think it was as much a police as a club decision to segregate. Most think it is a shame but inevitable, when morons think you're their big day out. Can't say I've ever had any problems with our stewards. Don't give them grief and they're not interested in you. Looking forward to this one with your current form. We are more or less in the league position expected at the start of the season. New signings beginning to gel and perform.

Discussion on segregation.
Segregation Re Introduced ! | Maidstone United unofficial fans forum

Plastic Passion article.
Maidstone United 1 Weymouth 2

Last edited:

B.I.G

Away section holds up to 600, depending on where the black netting is positioned. 30 seats and a couple of disabled spots have been added to the front three rows. Normally away fans decide among themselves who need the seats most, but might be different if all ticket. A Weymouth fan did come on the pitch and a few acted like dicks. Think it was as much a police as a club decision to segregate. Most think it is a shame but inevitable, when morons think you're their big day out. Can't say I've ever had any problems with our stewards. Don't give them grief and they're not interested in you. Looking forward to this one with your current form. We are more or less in the league position expected at the start of the season. New signings beginning to gel and perform.

Discussion on segregation.
Segregation Re Introduced ! | Maidstone United unofficial fans forum

Plastic Passion article.
Maidstone United 1 Weymouth 2
Maidstone Stewards - be racist right in front of them and they do absolutely nothing you mean. Tears of a Clown - Ricay on Saturday | Maidstone United unofficial fans forum

Sparkle Motion

B.I.G

We have a player called George. I've shouted come on George dozens of times. Steward with his back to the game may or may not notice one person shouting come on George to the wrong player at the wrong moment. Nobody reports to steward there is a problem. What would you have him do?
The Maidstone fans heard the problem, why not the steward. Besides I have stood in the town end when they have been shouting definitive racist things, the stewards tend to notice things when they are spoiling for a fight with opposition fans but whatever.

Pink Panther

I'm starting to feel the same. It's a nuisance to have to buy a ticket a fortnight in advance when I don't have the spare cash and we've already got two other away games in the meantime. Three away games on consecutive Saturdays (the first two being Hornchurch and Hungerford) plus Hampton away on New Year's Day, the cost all adds up with train fares, ground admission, a few beers. I was going to duck out of Hungerford as it's the longest trip with the most expensive train fare, but I might go there and miss Maidstone now.

Away section holds up to 600, depending on where the black netting is positioned. 30 seats and a couple of disabled spots have been added to the front three rows. Normally away fans decide among themselves who need the seats most, but might be different if all ticket. A Weymouth fan did come on the pitch and a few acted like dicks. Think it was as much a police as a club decision to segregate. Most think it is a shame but inevitable, when morons think you're their big day out. Can't say I've ever had any problems with our stewards. Don't give them grief and they're not interested in you.
It's a shame that a minority of people at a minority of clubs spoil it for everyone. It was Weymouth's first match in this league for a few years on a hot afternoon so perhaps not surprising a few couldn't handle the beer and went too far. (They were fine when visiting our place in large numbers as far as I know.)

Frankly some of your stewards were total dickheads on our last league visit, albeit 5 seasons ago now. The older club volunteer type stewards in hi-viz jackets were great and perfectly civilized, but the younger security types in black uniforms behind the goal seemed to be actively looking for a confrontation. Three of them (two bearded blokes and a blonde woman who looked like an extra from an episode of Bad Girls) completely overreacted to one or two people discreetly bringing a couple of cans into the ground. Yes, I know people shouldn't have done that but all that was needed was to confiscate cans from a couple of people and make sure they had no more. No one was being lairy, it was a midweek game where people had come straight from work. Instead they stood a couple of feet in front of us with their backs to the pitch, pacing up and down and eyeballing everyone. This was towards the end of the first half, then when we changed ends at half time they followed us up to the other end and did the same thing. One of them in particular stood right in front of us with his back to the pitch, glaring at people like a boxer at the weigh-in. He clearly wanted to provoke someone into a reaction so he'd have an excuse to throw them out or whatever. It was so annoying that towards the end people started dispersing to the sides just to get away from them.

Sparkle Motion

Just come in the home end if buying a ticket is really too much hassle. The Elvis End must be one of the best views in NLS. Taking in cans may be the done thing at Dulwich; we buy from the bars and put money in the club. Different culture I suppose; I'd never take drink into an away ground. I've been to nearly every home game at the Gallagher. The only times I've seen stewards take action it has been deserved. We even chucked out our drummer for being an idiot, and gave temp bans to kids with flares.

B.I.G

Just come in the home end if buying a ticket is really too much hassle. The Elvis End must be one of the best views in NLS. Taking in cans may be the done thing at Dulwich; we buy from the bars and put money in the club. Different culture I suppose; I'd never take drink into an away ground. I've been to nearly every home game at the Gallagher. The only times I've seen stewards take action it has been deserved. We even chucked out our drummer for being an idiot, and gave temp bans to kids with flares.
Luckily its all documented Dulwich Hamlet hold high flyers Maidstone United to a draw in a game marred by awful stewarding and an unpleasant minority

Dulwich Hamlet desperately unlucky to lose 3-4 at Maidstone in front of a bumper crowd

editor

hiraethified
That's an amazing match report!! :D
Blimey!

It’s less a fan base than a mobile fatberg and when the shirts came off in the second half the Town End looked like it was struggling to contain a bouncy castle, albeit one inflated with pus instead of air....

With two minutes to go they got a corner and fucking scored. The fatberg started to break up. A chunk of it oozed over the barrier and onto the pitch. Luckily the quicksilver reactions of the stewards ensured this honed athlete was brought to justice after a mere 30 seconds, as the world’s most obese streaker. It’s easy to be flippant about this, but there are serious health and safety concerns to address here as the swinging of his pendulous bitch tits could have had someone’s eye out.
:D