Luton Airport/ Early Morning Flight.

Discussion in 'travel and world' started by moody, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Mrs Miggins

Mrs Miggins There's been a slight cheese accident

Lot's of hotels do free shampoo, shower gel and the like but often don't do toothpaste. Watch out for that one!

ice-is-forming and moody like this.
  2. moody

moody Being alive increases risk of death.

savage.

3. salem

salem Well-Known Member

If for whatever reason there is a long queue at security, I seem to recall they're happy to take a little bribe of a few quid to let you push into the front of the line.

I'd also suggest that you think ahead a bit and when packing make sure to have your liquids ready in a clear bag, laptop easily accessible etc so you have a smooth journey through security. I know at that time of the morning I'm a lot more muddied and prone to set off detectors!

4. ice-is-forming

ice-is-forming Well-Known Member

Bribing security with a few quid :hmm:

yield and Bahnhof Strasse like this.
  5. Mrs Miggins

Mrs Miggins There's been a slight cheese accident

Did you make it moody ?

ice-is-forming likes this.
  6. moody

moody Being alive increases risk of death.

not going til end of month.

7. salem

salem Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  8. telbert

telbert Do you like sponge?

Luton Airport is a fucking dustbin. I've had occasion to sleep overnight at a few airports in the past, the worst being Dublin, but after experiencing just flying from the shithole airport that is Luton I would never wish an overnighter there on my worst enemy. No amount of booze or drugs would make me want to go there again. Your better off sleeping in the nearest public toilet.

Riklet, MickiQ and Bahnhof Strasse like this.
  9. Riklet

Riklet procrastinación

I regularly arrive 1h or 1h20 before budget flights with no problems. The bus will probably be there before anyway at such an early hour. No way will security be 30 min queue at 5.45am either, end of Feb.

Worst was in Berlin as both airports are shit ( SXF is sort of like Luton airport and cardiff airport crossed together with more buildings and traffic :D) and I ended up in a queue. They were so inflexible and inefficient, I was amazed! If you dont have check in luggage, have your boarding pass and are comfortable going to the front and asking to be let through in the event of an enormous security queue, then 1 hour should be plenty. Fuck sleeping at airports it's horrible urggg, never again.

But hey, if you cant afford the risk or stress, get there earlier... check out National Express/megabus or taxis or something.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019 at 9:59 AM