1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lowestoft Town v Hamlet, Saturday 10 February 2018 - postponed

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Dulwich Mishi, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

2. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

League website is showing a pitch inspection due for 8am tomorrow:

Fixtures - The Bostik Football League

Anyone intending to travel by train should note that there are extensive engineering works on the normal route from Liverpool Street via Ipswich, meaning a rail replacement bus from Newbury Park to Ingatestone, train from there to Norwich, and then another replacement bus service from Norwich to Lowestoft.

I'm intending to travel from King's Cross to Norwich via Cambridge, then rail replacement bus from there to Lowestoft. Anyone else intending to do this route should note that it works out a lot cheaper to split the tickets at Cambridge, i.e. buying a ticket to Cambridge and a separate one from there to Lowestoft, than getting one ticket all the way.

3. Fingers

Fingers From Tuscany SE22

What sort of ticket price is it with splitting? without splitting it looked to be about 50 quid when i checked last night

4. Pink Panther

For me personally it's £12.85 return from Sydenham Hill to Cambridge (with Network Card discount) then £18.90 Cambridge to Lowestoft return. I think the £12.85 is a super off-peak, which isn't available form all stations. (It's about £18 if I go from Sydenham on the Overground rather than Sydenham Hill which is Southeast Trains.)

Given the prospect of a postponement I'll go to King's Cross on my Oystercard, then if the game is on buy tickets there and catch the 0914 to Cambridge.

5. Dulwich Mishi

Seems we were starting a thread at the same time...there's a very good chance the match will be postponed.

6. Fingers

Cheers

7. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Selfishly I hope so because I want to go to Lowestoft but can't make this one.

*threads merged

8. BlueSquareThing

BlueSquareThing With chips

Presumably waterlogged? It's been very, very wet just now around here.

9. Fingers

Game off. Nice Tuesday night trip awaits!

10. Fingers

Last train back to London on a Tuesday is 21:07

11. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

otzenpunk likes this.
  12. BlueSquareThing

BlueSquareThing With chips

There are fountains just like that on the sea front in Lowestoft. Other side of the bridge from the football ground...

13. dcdulwich

dcdulwich Well-Known Member

We’ll only be lucky enough to see those in action if the replay is delayed until after the end of March though. Which may be the case I guess?

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
  14. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

Did the North France Bromley v Maidstone Utd derby today.

Plus points , excellent football played on a superb 3G pitch by two clubs used to the surface. To be fair to Bromley they serve decent crowds in that the single queue for the bar works well, the giant screen plus smaller tellies (5 no.) inside the bar works for those that want to drink in the bar while watching the match inside as the shutters are closed.

Down points are loads of silly conveyor belt wannabe yoof hoolies in Stone Island and Canada Goose clobber, gobbling off over the segregation fences, meaning costs for proper policing.

15. Fingers

Did Tooting vs Wingate. Good to catch up with W&F friends but the football was beyond shocking.

16. EDC

Police vans charging up Hayes Lane after the Match.

17. dcdulwich

dcdulwich Well-Known Member

Did the same for Bromley against Halifax Town a couple of weeks ago. It wasn’t segregated but your point about the ‘yoof hoolies’ is well made. One was chucked out while we were there for being a complete prat.

Also agree their bar was well organised and coped with the ludicrous constraints of National League drinking. You can now go to Bromley and spend the entire match drinking in a bar with the blinds down. But it’s fine because you can see the match that is being played 10 yards away on a live feed to half a dozen televisions and a projector screen. Odd.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
    Pink Panther likes this.
  18. EDC

The bar also had Westerham Brewery beer out of the barrel at £3.50 a pint.

19. Dulwich Mishi

Went to Bromley v. Workington last Tuesday...no segregation, thought the Bromley stewards were over to top to say the least, one woman in particular swearing at the visiting Workington fans and telling them to go back north, but not as polite as I put it.

20. DonkeyAssessor

DonkeyAssessor Well-Known Member

Give her credit for working out which direction they had come from mishi

21. Pink Panther

Hopefully the Tuesday after Needham Market away = 4 day bender in Suffolk!