Loughborough Junction chitter-chatter

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by teuchter, Sep 15, 2013.

1. LondonKate

LondonKate New Member

It looks much better from the outside than their previous location.

Any news on what will happen to their old store?

2. teuchter

teuchter je suis teuchter

No idea.

3. editor

editor Forked with electrons

Here's how it looks

2019-02-18_125038.jpg

4. editor

editor Forked with electrons

5. ChrisSouth

ChrisSouth Well-Known Member

BoxRoom and editor like this.
  6. teuchter

It's an outstanding example of thoughtless design; something Network Rail excel at. See also Denmark Hill station for hopeless circulation space and crowd flow, and Herne Hill station for how to refurb a historic building in the most underwhelming way possible.

7. CH1

CH1 "Red Guard"(NLYL)

Surely this is an example of Secured By Design:
    They swapped over the entrance to stop passengers stealing free rail trips by rushing the gates. And it worked (or maybe we're not fit enough to vault over the barriers anyway).

8. LondonKate

LondonKate New Member

Any updates on the LJ Station renovations? It looks awful and there is no elevator. It's a disgrace...

9. CH1

CH1 "Red Guard"(NLYL)

What renovations are those?
    If you are local and want to make a suggestion you could come to the developers at this meeting about the site opposite. If this new housing scheme was done right there could be scope for station improvements IMHO.
    [​IMG]

Gramsci likes this.
  10. teuchter

Not really, it's the Sureways church site that (might) offer scope for improvements. This proposal doesn't include that bit.

11. CH1

CH1 "Red Guard"(NLYL)

Shouldn't we be asking the council and Peabody to use powers to put it in?

12. teuchter

Do you mean a compulsory purchase of the Sureways site?

13. CH1

CH1 "Red Guard"(NLYL)

If necessary yes. It would make a huge difference to the site as a housing scheme, enable pavement widening and station improvements as you say.

14. teuchter

I don't disagree but can't see it happening.

CH1 likes this.
  15. Gramsci

Gramsci Well-Known Member

Man stabbed to death in Brixton

A 23-year-old man has died after being stabbed in south London.

Police were called to Minet Road, Brixton, at about 18:45 GMT and officers gave first aid to the victim at the scene.

He was pronounced dead at 19:27 GMT. His next of kin are yet to be informed, police said.

The Metropolitan Police said: "The Homicide and Major Crime Command has been informed. There have been no arrests and enquiries continue."

16. xsunnysuex

xsunnysuex Life is a horizontal fall.

Just saw this. Fucking hell. Practically on my doorstep! Jeez! Really sad. :(

Gramsci likes this.
  17. xsunnysuex

Inside the Marcus Lipton youth club apparently.

18. ricbake

ricbake working out how

Seen an FB post talking about a youth running into the Marcus Lipton with a big hole in his leg.....

19. Gramsci

20. Gramsci

I went by yesterday and there were still forensics people going into the youth centre.

21. Gramsci

New Council leader Cllr Jack Hopkins response:

Love Lambeth

22. Gramsci

"Our long term approach of working with communities"

:hmm:

critical1 likes this.
  23. critical1

critical1 All views expressed are definitely my own.

Jack really needs help from Lib Peck as she’s the expert within communities.

Now what was that new post Lib Peck went to as I can’t seem to recall? Head of something, any ideas?

Gramsci and BusLanes like this.
  24. CH1

CH1 "Red Guard"(NLYL)

Reminder of joint LJAG/Brixton Soc/HH Soc meeting at Grove Adventure Playground regarding Peabody's proposals for the old Higgs Trading Estate (including a new super-tower). from 6.30 everyone welcome
    [​IMG]

Gramsci likes this.
  25. xsunnysuex

All happening outside Coop.

upload_2019-3-1_11-1-27.png

Gramsci likes this.
  26. teuchter

Hope you don't mind, I'm going to put this on the speeding thread too.

xsunnysuex likes this.
  27. ChrisSouth

ChrisSouth Well-Known Member

You've got to be doing something pretty fast and at such a strange angle on that stretch of road to hit that lamppost at such an exact right angle. Car drivers around LJ = :mad:

Gramsci and teuchter like this.
  28. teuchter

29. RHK

RHK New Member

Does anyone know if the court case re Peter Shorinwa and Sade Adedotun is going ahead? I was shocked to learn of it and the fact that Peter is still Chair of the LEMB and that Sade is still running the Loughborough Estate Office. Surely they should have been suspended until the matter has been resolved.

30. Gramsci

As has been posted previously the court case is in the legal process now. So I guess its going ahead.

From what I heard at last general meeting of LEMB this was brought up from the floor of the meeting.

Due to posting here many more people on estate new about it.

Yes Peter and the board are bullish on this. From what I heard about last meeting when residents were able to voice there views Peter and Baord were adamant they were going to contest allegations. And they weren't even thinking of standing down until case is resolved.

From what I've heard Urban75 meant that people on estate got to know about this. Board hadn't told residents about this.

Draw ones one conclusions.