Loughborough Junction chitter-chatter

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by teuchter, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Gramsci

Gramsci Well-Known Member

This ( alleged) fraud is about Loughborough Estate funds?

Not criticising. Just want to know what the fraud allegations are about.

2. critical1

critical1 All views expressed are definitely my own.

I would say the alleged fraud involved public money whether from Lambeth or the estate as it all comes from Lambeth.
    Lambeth is prosecuting them for money they must be accountable for or have oversight.

The 10 day Crown Court trial will no doubt fill in all the blanks.

Gramsci likes this.
  3. critical1

I think this makes things very clear its now doing the rounds! LEMB Peter.jpg

Gramsci likes this.
  4. CH1

CH1 "Red Guard"(NLYL)

critical1 So what's happening at the meeting on 10th January then?
    Motion of no confidence?

5. Redant

Redant New Member

The LEMB special general meeting coincides with the Coldharbour ward Labour party monthly meeting which could mean no councillors are present at this crucial LEMB meeting.

BusLanes and Gramsci like this.
  6. CH1

CH1 "Red Guard"(NLYL)

If the council had any sense they would send someone from the Legal Department as an observer.
    (I'm assuming there is actually still a legal department sand it hasn't been contracted out to Savills etc!)

BusLanes and critical1 like this.
  7. cuppa tee

cuppa tee Well-Known Member

LJAG have applied to make The Hero of Switzerland an asset of community value.....

image.jpeg

8. INQ-ONE47

INQ-ONE47 New Member

Hi

9. INQ-ONE47

INQ-ONE47 New Member

Hi, regarding the above information, has anyone put a suggestion to them or the board they should step down as they have both been charged with fraud? Thanking you nicely

10. teuchter

teuchter je suis teuchter

11. CH1

CH1 "Red Guard"(NLYL)

12. xsunnysuex

xsunnysuex Life is a horizontal fall.

Had this through the door this afternoon.

upload_2019-1-16_18-14-54.png

13. critical1

Looks like someone's worried...
    I am really surprised that those accused going to Crown Court have not resigned or taken leave and are still in charge of finances, come on Lambeth.

I believe George Medrano should know better than to send out a letter like this.
    LEMB George Medrano.png
    LEMB Peter charge.jpg

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
    Gramsci likes this.
  14. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Cracking postcard here c1905

2019-01-16_214522.jpg

15. Gramsci

Is it correct to say that the board of LEMB have not informed residents of the estate of these allegations previous to the Special General Meeting?

The letter I notice does not inform residents of the facts of the Crown Court dates or what the case is about.

16. Crispy

Crispy The following psytrance is baṉned: All

The nearest ornate sign bracket (BROWN & NARY?) is still there!
    Google Maps

upload_2019-1-16_21-50-44.png

113 years old at least

17. Gramsci

So I take it that if a resident of the estate hadn't had the balls to attend the AGM and raise this issue the other estate residents would be none the wiser?

I'm not on the estate but close by. Did tell some residents I knew about this.

Get the impression people are afraid of standing up to Peter.

18. critical1

It was an SGM I've heard stories of some residents being bullied in various ways...

But yes I would assume your correct in saying residents were not informed of the Crown Court case at the AGM or indeed the more recent SGM, This is the first Letter announcing anything, I'd assume there will be many more deflecting announcements to come.
    LEMB has kept this pretty much under the radar, maybe the LEMB is sworn to secrecy? as they are fully aware of the consequences.

Gramsci likes this.
  19. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

And R Whites came from Camberwell!

If anyone could find a non watermarked copy of this postcard I'd love to do a feature.

CH1 likes this.
  20. hungry_squirrel

hungry_squirrel Well-Known Member

Those lights and the shops are lovely.

21. CH1

CH1 "Red Guard"(NLYL)

There is the sub judice rule of course. Police always used to use this to avoid commenting in detail on specific deaths in custody etc at CPCGL.
    I'm sure it may equally apply if people started discussing a court case in advance of the trial - even if they feel ownership of issues which appear to be involved.

22. critical1

True but the case and the Court appearance is and are in the PUBLIC domain, the trail date & charges are public information, that can certainly be discussed. Specific details cannot be discussed, the charges are very clear.

Gramsci likes this.
  23. teuchter

teuchter je suis teuchter

Depends what was said in the meeting - did someone accuse them of being guilty of the things they are charged with, or did they simply inform the meeting that the charges have been brought?

24. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Buzzword bingo!

Who doesn't love a campus-style enterprise hub?

I always thioght place making was when you laid out a table for dinner.

#notonmessage

https://www.meanwhilespace.com/sing...vh8bMG2DU_9haV_FlmHlN6VDogffUnI7M90QSmG0_94wE

25. Crispy

Crispy The following psytrance is baṉned: All

26. CH1

CH1 "Red Guard"(NLYL)

I was just being nosey and tried locating the Loughorough Estate EMB on Companies House (to get a feel for the stability of management etc)

Unfortunately you come up against a brick wall:
    THE LOUGHBOROUGH ESTATE MANAGEMENT BOARD LIMITED
    Company number IP27694R

This is an industrial provident company (like Brixton Green used to be, and Lambeth Credit Union etc).

No free info available.

I Googled the Treasurer - and he seems to have a number of name-sakes who have been involved in criminal situations in Florida and other US locations.

Not suggesting that George Medrano has done anything wrong. Just pointing out that freedom of information in the USA and the UK are very different.

27. critical1

I have it on good authority that those at the meeting were simply informed that the chair and estate director had been charged with FRAUD and are due to appear in the Crown Court.

There was something about them resigning as it was bringing the organisation into disrepute but it appears that the board fully supports them, with several aggressive statements of support from board members to the agitated membership.
    The membership apparently were fervently denied the opportunity to add anything to the agenda.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019 at 3:18 AM
    Gramsci likes this.
  28. Gramsci

I've sent the info to resident of the estate I know who has passed of on to others. They were totally unaware of this.

The letter sent out by the board does not tell residents about the court case.

Thanks for posting up this info.

My beef with the board of LEMB is that they will not support the re opening of the Grove Adventure playground. Despite its success since re opening by local volunteers.

Peter as rep for the LEMB is also now refusing to attend Loughborough Junction Neighborhood planning forum meetings as they now take place in the adventure playground building.

Its really making me angry. Any normal Council estates residents group would be overjoyed if group of locals re opened community asset under threat from the Council. Not LEMB board. And I make a difference between the Board and actual residents out he estate.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019 at 10:43 PM
    BusLanes likes this.
  29. brixtonblade

brixtonblade Well-Known Member

Why don't they like the play ground? Seems very odd!

30. Gramsci

Don't like LJAG. ( anything with Anthea involved is not liked. LJAG are a charity so hold the lease for the playground. Hardly any of the group of volunteers who run the playground are in LJAG. Not that I'm complaining about that. )

Secondly its not no their patch. So they aren't interested. Despite residents of the estate I know who are glad its re opened. Even though they are critical of LJAG.

I don't find all that goes on in LJ easy to explain on rational level.

brixtonblade likes this.