Loughborough Junction chitter-chatter

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by teuchter, Sep 15, 2013.

1. teuchter

teuchter je suis teuchter

The signage also looks more 'vape shop' or 'occult nicknacks' than 'estate agent' to me.

2. bimble

bimble noisy but small

Carl Spector's website sayeth:
    "Is considered a boutique, bespoke, personalized estate agency based in the sought-after location of Briston in the edge of 4 four different postcodes SW9-SW2-SE5-SE24.
    Briston. Is that here? All a bit peculiar.

3. bimble

bimble noisy but small

Street party with 2 sound systems on the bit next to hero of Switzerland ! Just getting going .

4. bimble

bimble noisy but small

some photos from last night. It was really special atmosphere, totally joyful with children centre stage (and on the decks). A reminder of why public space is so important. Went on till 11 when a police van turned up and everything was dismantled without complaint. The photos don't do justice at all to the man with the jamaica bike and the two guys in orange and purple were fantastic, had a perfectly honed duet. The dj in white t shirt is 11 years old, might not have all the mixing skills yet but made up for it with bombastic attitude. IMG_0289.jpg

bike man.jpg

dancing.jpg

song.jpg

teuchter, Winot and snowy_again like this.
  5. teuchter

Id've gone down to that if i hadn't been away for the weekend.

6. bimble

bimble noisy but small

But then we'd have met and there's no way you could live up to my imagined version of teuchter, so its a good thing you missed it. I picture you with a sort of walrus moustache and a penny farthing bicycle for some reason.

7. teuchter

But this is exactly how I had pictured you :confused:

bimble likes this.
  8. Angellic

Angellic Well-Known Member

Was it for the Royal wedding?

9. bimble

bimble noisy but small

I asked someone what it was about and she said it was that, yes. The only royal wedding thing i saw was one small girl holding a union jack flag with harry & meg's faces on it.

Angellic likes this.
  10. teuchter

Pleasantly surprised by the new thameslink timetable which started today. I had thought that nothing much would change through loughborough junction. But it seems like it's been regularised to a train every 15 minutes throughout the whole day - instead of switching to every 30 minutes in the late evening like it used to. That's quite a significant improvement. I think the last train from town is slightly later now, arriving at 2330. Would be nice if they ran later than that but hey ho.
    Also: it turns out that departure times from LJ - in both directions - happen to be at 00, 15, 30 and 45, consistently throughout the entire day with a couple of extras slotted in in the peaks. So nice and easy to remember.

Time will tell if the new timetable makes the service any more reliable.

Angellic, brixtonblade and bimble like this.
  11. bimble

bimble noisy but small

I somehow expected the change to mean bad news, fewer trains not more. This is great. Particularly happy about the easy to remember timings.

12. Crispy

Crispy The following psytrance is baŠĻČned: All

That is nice to see. Doesn't help the chronic overcrowding in the peaks though.

13. ChrisSouth

ChrisSouth Well-Known Member

I haven't used it today, but I also like the regularity. However, there are now fewer trains going north (not just terminating at Blackfriars) in the key 7.45 to 8.30 commuting window.

14. CH1

CH1 "Red Guard"(NLYL)

I was just checking about north-bound in the late afternoon. There used to be a massive service gap between about 4.50 pm and 5.40 pm. This seems to have been put right after 24 years! If they run to timetable there will now be trains every 15 minutes without a service gap at all.

15. teuchter

Previously going north in the morning peak you had:

Now it's

Doesn't seem hugely different to me.

The 19/49 ones only go to Blackfriars yes. But northbound it's a very easy change at blackfriars. Don't need to go down/up the stairs. And trains north from Blackfriars will become tube-like frequency so you'll not have to wait more than a few mins.

As I've said on here many times before... they should all stop at Blackfriars. Then we could have a reliable service. Unfortunately there was a successful campaign against this.

Crispy likes this.