Lost Prophets...

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by aurora green, Jun 30, 2006.

1. aurora green

aurora green Tectonic

My 13 year old daughter is going to see them at the Academy next Saturday.
    I've never heard of 'em (of course)
    Should I be afraid? ;)

2. Dubversion

Dubversion Gorn Enforced Holiday

Aurora's an EMO!!!

Nah, don't be afraid. The crowd will be, like, dead sensitive and that. Somebody will probably be sick on her - and it'll be snakebite - but other than that the worst fear is a bad haircut

3. aurora green

aurora green Tectonic

:D

I think I'm to old to be an EMO....I'm not even properly sure what one is anyway....

But phew, at least its not Goth...
    We dont mind bad haircuts in this house ;) but the thought of a moody goth painting their room black and having everything pierced does scare me (a bit)

4. Dubversion

Dubversion Gorn Enforced Holiday

5. sojourner

sojourner Where's me readers?

Which Academy? My daughters going to see them too at the Liverpool Academy on the 16th :) First gig without me, and she's going with her girlfriend - they're dead excited :D

Nah, don't be afraid, they're harmless ;)

6. aurora green

aurora green Tectonic

Sorry I should have said Brixton...
    how old is your daughter then?

7. aurora green

aurora green Tectonic

Oh dear god.

8. Ich bin ein Mod

Ich bin ein Mod does his make up in his room

I'd say emo is worse than Goth to be fair

9. aurora green

aurora green Tectonic

:eek: :eek:

er...Why's that then?

10. sojourner

Ah, thought you were in 'that' London tbh.

She's 15, so I'm okay about her going on her own...I was going to gigs on me own at 13 so this is fine by me. I know she won't try and buy ale/get drunk cos she's not really into beer...she'll prob take a spliff or two instead :D

Is your daughter going with a mate? Will you have your orders not to pick her up right outside?!;)

11. Mr T

Mr T jibba jabba

I think I'm going to that one too

Seen 'lostprophets' a few times before, they're an entertaining band and its fun laughing at all the silly haircuts etc. Though at 21 I'm probably old enough to know better...

12. aurora green

aurora green Tectonic

She's going with her mate, and her mates' mum, so I don't need too be worried on that score. I'd quite like to pick her up actually, if only to get a really good look at all the young folk..:D

13. sojourner

Well if you see a tall thin girl with a pierced lip and blonde hair down to her arse trying to crowdsurf, tell her from me she's to pack that right in cos it's dangerous and she'll have someone's eye out! ;)

14. sojourner

Hehe...aw, they do look great though, all done up don't they? *old bastard mode*

15. Firky

Firky The first of the gang Banned

Lost Prophets are just another boy band really :D

16. DRINK?

DRINK? bummed by karmachameleon

I quite like em to be honest...pathetic big kid that I am....hey ho since have burnt my bridges with regard the endless supply of acadamy free tickets I shan't be going...nor feeling old though on the up side

17. sojourner

You'd best not say that in front of my girl! :eek: You'd get a right rollocking!

18. LDR

LDR kiwitanga

I've seen them live and was quite impressed with them.

19. Firky

Ask her if they're a boyband and get back to me :)

20. sojourner

Yeh, ok.

Can I have my danger money in advance please?

21. Firky

You'll be able to get treated for free at the bluecross hospital ;)

22. sojourner

I think I might ask her over the phone instead :D I'm already slightly deaf anyway so a bit more damage won't matter

23. kained&able

kained&able Here for the football.

They are shit, but shes 15 and knows no better so what can you do.

Just hope she gets into better stuff quickly. That band have got shitter and shitter with everything thery have released. sound of progress and shinobi vs dragon ninja where cool(in a kinda mini mosher way).

dave

24. sojourner

Well they're not my cup of tea but I wouldn't tell her they were shit...up to her innit? I save my withering comments for when she tries to tell me that the likes of Green Day are punk ;)

She's into (what I think) is a lot of good stuff apart from lp though...Queens of the Stone Age, Nirvana, Aretha, Hole to name a few

Anyhow, I was in the Status Quo fuckin fan club at 12...we all start somewhere! :p

25. kained&able

kained&able Here for the football.

when i say shit i mean " i dont really like them". Course its up to her and i would perefer her to think TLP are decent then any of the pop chart bullshit so faitr play to her.

dave

26. Iam

Iam New Member

Do you think your younger, punker self would find people sitting around going "that's not punk, oooh, look at their shorts...." particularly punk?

Or would they think you've turned into your Dad?

:)

ericjarvis likes this.
  27. loud 1

loud 1 dsm-4

i used to gig with um before that got emo-famous,they were lovely blokes,then fame happened and PLOP>..

hair doos and moaning about 'tommorow' and a train and stuff..

EMO cuz your too gay to rock.

28. bluestreak

bluestreak HomosexualityIsStalin’sAtomBombtoDestroyAmerica

some of the stuff on their first album ain't too bad. the rest is teenage rock pants.

29. sojourner

:D :D Hahaaa! I am fully aware of what I've turned into! But it's a twist on the old theme, whereby I'm not saying 'that's not music, you can't make out the words'...instead I'm saying 'that's not punk, you can make out all the words, they know how to play their instruments, and they're a bit bloody neat and tidy n all' :p :D

30. sojourner

By some freak of nature, my daughter is actually gay. That's handy isn't it loud?