Looking for a laptop for running Hackintosh

Discussion in 'computers, web and general tech' started by kriti sharma, Sep 10, 2018.

1. kriti sharma

kriti sharma Banned Banned

I'm looking for a Hackintosh laptop. I love MacBooks but cannot afford it so wanted to fulfill my desire by using a Hackintosh laptop. Can anyone suggest me some good laptop for the same? Also, what are the necessary configurations to look for in the Hackintosh laptop?
    Thank You

2. addysmith97

addysmith97 Banned Banned

Hello Kriti,

In order to run the Mac OS properly and without lag on your Windows laptop, you need to have at least Intel i5 processor, 8GB of RAM and a decent SSD storage like 128 or 256GB whichever suits you best. I would recommend you to take a look at ASUS VivoBook S. Below is the specification:

• 8th Generation Intel Core i7-8550U quad-core processor
    • NVIDIA GeForce MX150 graphics 2GB
    • 8GB DDR4 RAM
    • 256GB SSD
    • 14" Full HD WideView display
    Also, you can check out some of the worth reading resources about Hackintosh laptops mentioned below:

(a) SPAM
    (b) SPAM
    (c) ALSO SPAM

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2018
    kriti sharma likes this.
  3. kriti sharma

kriti sharma Banned Banned

thanks for the suggestions

4. DotCommunist

DotCommunist specter haunting

5. FridgeMagnet

FridgeMagnet Administrator

oh come on, at least wait longer between them

editor and Pickman's model like this.
  6. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Every man and every woman is a star

they'll have to now :cool:

7. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

That was very poor stuff indeed.

8. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Looked fishy but I moused over the links and they seemed semi legit - is the game stick one spam in with more mainstream stuff these days?

9. FridgeMagnet

FridgeMagnet Administrator

Sites pay to promote their content and boost their search rankings with pseudo organic links.

10. Harry Smiles

Harry Smiles Well-Known Member

Does a 'Hackintosh' exist ?

Fair play to whoever came up with the term if so

dessiato likes this.
  11. dessiato

dessiato Looking for my shopping trolley

I'm rather upset by this banning. I rather fancied having a Hackintosh.

MadeInBedlam likes this.
  12. DotCommunist

DotCommunist specter haunting

its just so you can run a mac os on pc architecture iirc. Which sounds like a way to get the worst of both worlds. I see no point in the idea except as 'fun' project for the sort of people who derive pleasure from twiddling with machines and software tro make it do stuff it shouldn't. Which is fair enough, thats how I get a snes emulator right? but its not for me as a endevour

Ted Striker likes this.
  13. 2hats

2hats

x86 based hackintoshes have been around for a while but the end is nigh if, as is rumoured/expected, Apple start churning out their own CPUs.

14. cybershot

cybershot Well-Known Member

Addy had really waited this out as well but was clear he was a spam bot from the off.