London to get a Night Mayor as part of the London's Grassroots Music Venues Rescue Plan

Discussion in 'London and the South East' started by editor, Oct 19, 2015.

1. editor

editor Forked with electrons

All sounds sensible to me, if a little late:

Read the GLA report here: Music Venues | London City Hall

Yossarian likes this.
  2. Belushi

Belushi 01 811 8055 R.I.P.

Long overdue

3. skyscraper101

skyscraper101 0891 50 50 50

London really needs a replacement for the Astoria imho..

4. Santino

Santino lovelier than lovely

Caution, team.

5. Maurice Picarda

Maurice Picarda Actually, might as well flounce.

A Night Mayor sounds like something from a Neil Gaiman novel. If there's one thing we don't need in London, it's a frock-coated goth functionary - probably with an entourage of talking rats - overturning borough planning decisions on live music venues.

pogofish likes this.
  6. DJWrongspeed

DJWrongspeed radio eros

Sadly the redevelopment includes only a new West End Theatre and not a music venue. I could be wrong though ? This was approved way back in 2012. It's interesting that so far in the new Battersea & Nine Elms development no live music venue has been proposed. Given it's getting tube stations this shows you developer priorities.

[​IMG]

7. andysays

andysays Defiantly non-premium member

Sounds like the whole idea could turn into a nightmare...

pogofish likes this.
  8. DJWrongspeed

DJWrongspeed radio eros

I'm less nostalgic about old venues. If other venues are opening in other areas of London then that's fine but the figures don't suggest that now. The exception is the very exciting new DIY Space for London down in Bermondsey which has just opened. They're looking for people to put on fundraisers. I helped build some of the walls :oops:

[​IMG]

ska invita likes this.
  9. MrSki

MrSki Who am I to say you're wrong

Landlady of the George wins fight to stop new neighbours noise complaints.:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Landlady wins fight to stop future neighbours complaining about noise
    From here

Maggot, danski and Nivag like this.
  10. cybershot

cybershot Well-Known Member

Sounds like a great idea until you realise some absolute twonk will get the job and probably be paid tens of thousands to come up with fuck all.