London Senior Cup

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Cliffite, Sep 22, 2019.

1. Cliffite

Cliffite a killer bee, killer bee

Feeling a bit torn about next Tuesdays game (AFC are now my nearest club) has made me think about the london senior cup then have before.

What is the rational for which clubs /steps enter teams?

2. liamdhfc

liamdhfc Well-Known Member

It is a requirement to enter the County Cup of your parent county. Our affiliation is to London FA so we have to enter it.

3. baleboy_93

baleboy_93 Well-Known Member

Out of curiosity why do the likes of Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea etc not seem to have to field young sides like Wimbledon and Brentford do?

4. Cliffite

Seems logical but in my head there are more then 36 london clubs playing combined counties or above.

Trying to make sense of it... so Croydon FC proper have been relegated to Div 1 combined counties are they a) to low to be entered b) have some sort of preliminary rounds I've never noticed?

5. bkbk

bkbk Well-Known Member

They play in the London Senior Trophy instead. Unsure on the eligibility requirements for each:

Results

6. Cliffite

Ahh... never noticed the Trophy existed but makes sense.

99% sure I've been to a London senior cup game at Croydon FC either last year or year before (when they were in combined counties prem) so guess that would make step 5 the cut off.

7. pompeydunc

pompeydunc Well-Known Member

I think they pay a fine every year to avoid playing in it!

The Trophy is for clubs playing at Step 6 and the top divisions of Step 7. There are more competitions for Saturday and Sunday league teams as you drop further down. Ian Daly played in the final of one of the Junior Cup last year...

Cups

baleboy_93 likes this.
  8. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

I'm not one hundred per cent sure but I think most of the professional Football League clubs get out of it by paying a nominal fee/fine to their county FA. pompeydunc would know more as he's on the London FA.

9. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

That's probably why he said the same thing in the previous post.

WillClunas and the 12th man like this.