1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

London Senior Cup Semi-Final Hamlet v Balham (at Carshalton) - Wednesday 4th April

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Pink Panther, Mar 25, 2018.

1. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

If you say so. If he is young hopefully he'll learn not to act like a braying cock in victory because it could come back to bite him. We all suffer setbacks in non league football and showing solidarity and understanding rather than sneering is definitely the best way to go.

Bugpowder Dust likes this.
  2. AlanJTerror

AlanJTerror Member

I do not remember his acting like a "braying cock" as you put it, euphoria yes, happy yes, but showing no more emotion than is usual for a supporter during the good times.
    Something I am sure we are all guilty of.
    You have to enjoy the good times because the bad might be just around the corner.
    Something you guys are well aware of I am sure.

3. Son of Roy

Son of Roy Hates Meadow Residential

I don't see why Gavin wouldn't be interested in winning this cup semi final as the final would only have added one more game to the 8 left to play. We have at least 2 players that haven't played all season who need games to be fit for the playoffs. Well done Balham.

4. Moroccan Sunset

Moroccan Sunset Well-Known Member

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
  5. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Sour grapes...my arse! I don't think I've seen anyone really not say fair play Balham...BUT there is NO DOUBT we under performed in this game, as you probably did against Cray Valley.
    I'd say, being VERY generous to Balham, we should beat them in 75% of matches with the team we put out over a hundred games.
    It's our players we're annoyed with, who seemed to treat the game as a glorified training session.
    Nothing to do with sour grapes at all.
    I still expect Cray to win the final, and will doff my cap-or I would if I wore one- to Balham if they prove me wrong.
    As for the lad being 'only twelve'...well we don't know that, and I only jusge on what I read on here.
    Just as well I'm 51, I dread to think what I'd have posted if I was my 12-year-old self! ;)

6. 3010

3010 Well-Known Member

Think there is some confusion here as I'm pretty sure AlanJTerror was referring to a link that B.I.G posted (but then edited out and replaced with a smiley) on the Tooting forum where the poster said something about Burgess Hill winning and that he was disgusted by Tooting's efforts this season. Nothing to do with the Balham4life posts.

B.I.G likes this.
  7. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Ah, in which case...take what B.I.G posts with a big pinch of salt. He stirs it up with the best of 'em...and I'm just glad I know who is is..and know what a wind up merchant he is.

8. hackbridgeharry

hackbridgeharry Well-Known Member

I bet they were from my Son's post on there.... Some of you on here have meet him and seen how serious he is about football.
    13 years old but this season has aged him another 24 years....
    He wears his heart on his sleeve and has really had a bad time over the last few months.
    Footballs step learning curve. Happens to every club and now it's us.....

StephenMac likes this.
  9. hackbridgeharry

hackbridgeharry Well-Known Member

You meet him many years ago on the Tram heading back to Mitcham Junction after the smoke bomb game at ours... He came up and spoke to a group of you. You might not remember but I do.
    He could have took the easy option and followed Chelsea, Arsenal or Liverpool etc... But he's stuck it out though thick and thin.
    He's as fanatical now as he was then.... Poor sod

10. Moroccan Sunset

Moroccan Sunset Well-Known Member

Aha! I see! Thanks 3010. Apologies to all.