London Senior Cup Semi-Final Hamlet v Balham (at Carshalton) - Wednesday 4th April

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Pink Panther, Mar 25, 2018.

1. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

Travelling to Wednesday’s match by public transport:

TRAINS

From East/North Dulwich or Peckham Rye: Half hourly train service, leaves Peckham Rye at 1730, 1800, 1829, 1900, direct to Mitcham Junction (rush hour service only, journey time 21 mins Peckham Rye to Mitcham Junction), then take the tram one stop to Mitcham. Anyone wishing to return to those stations via Mitcham Junction has two options: train to Balham, change for Streatham Common, change again for train to Dulwich stations and Peckham Rye, reasonable connections, total journey time 38 minutes; or tram from Mitcham direct to West Croydon, then take the half-hourly stopping service to London Bridge (departs West Croydon at 25 & 55 past the hour) via Dulwich stations and Peckham Rye.

From Denmark Hill: Take a train to Peckham Rye, or walk/bus to East Dulwich, then proceed as above.

From Elephant & Castle, Loughborough Junction, Herne Hill: Take the half hourly Thameslink train service to Mitcham Junction, then take the tram to Mitcham. Total journey time 24 mins from Elephant.

From stations on the New Cross Gate – Norwood Junction line: Half hourly train service to East Croydon, then tram to Mitcham. Journey time approx. 50 mins from NXG. For the return journey alight from the tram at West Croydon and take the quarter hourly London Overground service from there.

From Gipsy Hill / Crystal Palace: Train to Balham, change for Mitcham Junction (approx. journey time 30 mins) then tram to Mitcham.

BUSES

This is the link for the TFL map showing bus services around the ground:

http://content.tfl.gov.uk/bus-route-maps/mitcham-a4-070218.pdf

The closest stops to the ground are Wandle Road / Bishopsford Road on routes 118 and 280. Mitcham tram stop is maybe 500 yards from the ground.

Bus 118 runs from Brixton via Streatham Hill to the ground.

Bus 201 runs from Herne Hill via West Dulwich (Croxted Road / Thurlow Park Road) and Tulse Hill. Closest stops to the ground are in Morden Road near Mitcham Tram Stop.

118 bus timetable:

118 Bus timetable

201 bus timetable:

201 Bus timetable

UNDERGROUND

Elephant & Castle / Kennington / Oval / Stockwell: Take the Northern Line to Morden, then bus 118 from outside the station to the ground.

TRAMS

The Croydon Tramlink runs between Beckenham Junction or Elmers End to Wimbledon and stops at Mitcham:

http://content.tfl.gov.uk/tram-service-map.pdf

Matt The Cab, Nivag and Fingers like this.
  2. mick mccartney

mick mccartney Well-Known Member

but mostly , mostly, remember it's WEDNESDAY NOT TUESDAY ...

3. chris gil

chris gil making football club owners cry since 1893

The London senior cup
    The London senior cup
    It’s better than the turvey
    It’s better than the turvey
    It’s better than the turveeeeeeeeyyyy
    The London senior cup

Got to be one of my favourite songs of the season

pompeydunc likes this.
  4. Blitzwalker

Blitzwalker Well-Known Member

Unfortunately the fact that it’s been shifted to Wednesday means I now can’t make it. Hey ho.

5. Pink Panther

Tooting are at home to Cray Valley on Tuesday in the other semi-final, hence the change of date. So you can thank Meadow for that!

Blitzwalker likes this.
  6. Jimbob73

Jimbob73 The Wanley Road Massive

My track record at semi-finals is appalling so I might give it a miss - you can thank me all on Thursday once we have made the final!

7. Lucy Fur

Lucy Fur Well-Known Member

So who gets to play at home if it's us and tooting that go through to the finals :)

8. Scolly

Scolly Well-Known Member

I'm sure someone said it's at Hendon

9. Pink Panther

That's right. On Wednesday 9th May.

Blitzwalker likes this.
  10. Pink Panther

Tooting 0 Cray Valley 2

the 12th man likes this.
  11. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Cray Valley. Our nemesis.

12. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

What's the admission prices for this? I'll run a feature on Buzz.

13. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

I am assuming it will be full prices....long gone are the days when we can afford to reduce prices, in the current climate. I don't think anyone would begrudge that...and it is a semi final after all.

Pink Panther likes this.
  14. Dulwich Mishi

Why? We lost to them last season. That is all.

15. Jamie Wyatt

Jamie Wyatt Well-Known Member

If the picture that has appeared on Twitter today of ducks in standing water on the pitch is actually from today, there won’t be a game!!

16. Pink Panther

Yes, I just saw that posted on Facebook. Forecast is for rain to clear by early afternoon. Any pitch inspection scheduled?

17. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

18. Pink Panther

That semi-final was less than 24 hoursbefore the final league match, which we needed to win for 3rd place, and we fielded few if any first choice starters. The other match was a pre-season, so the result was of little relevance. This year's final (if we're in it ) will be the last game of the season so I'd like to think we'd field thestrongest available team.

Dulwich Mishi likes this.
  19. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I still feel uneasy about Cray bloody Valley. The memories of that awful semi final will take a long time to fade!

Nivag likes this.
  20. Jamie Wyatt

3.30pm

21. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Fingers crossed!

22. Jamie Wyatt

Not much chance apparently!

23. Dulwich Mishi

Yes, it was awful. We fucked up big time. But personally I still have nightmares and flashbacks to the semi final the previous season...which was a million times worse!

I left the Cray Valley semi right after the final whistle and the look of thunder on Gavin Rose's face as he drove out of the car park at the same time said it all.

As far as I'm concerned we've lost once to Cray Valley in a game we threw away. As Pink Panther correctly implies a pre-season loss counts for jack shit!

24. DonkeyAssessor

DonkeyAssessor Well-Known Member

Not on twitter and nothing in isthmian site. are we still on ?

25. chris gil

chris gil making football club owners cry since 1893

Game off , Ducks occupation of the pitch

26. DonkeyAssessor

Thanks, suspected It might have been due to our new meadow inspired riverside location being swamped by a deluge.

27. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Bollocks.

28. DonkeyAssessor

As the England cricket team used to say. Always take a snorkel and flippers on a good night out.

HELVETICVS likes this.
  29. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I've updated the Buzz article.

30. Ian Kaye

Ian Kaye Well-Known Member

Rearranged for next Wednesday 4 April according to the Official Bostik League website.

Pink Panther likes this.