London Senior Cup: Glebe vs DHFC (11 September)

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by pompeydunc, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Imagine if we got to have an FA Cup run and we drew, say Barnsley. And their fans might post "Cup games don't get any bigger than Dulwich Hamlet..."

2. Dulwich Mishi

I've been to Glebe a few times over the last few seasons, and I've always found them a friendly, welcoming club. When I bump into other fans who like to go round local clubs I always mention how nice Glebe is to go to, and they all tend to agree.

3. Dirty South

Dirty South Active Member

Had never heard of Glebe before.

I hope it's not as bad as it sounds for Phil

How was the Tribute?

4. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

If we'd beaten them twice in the recent past, they'd have every right to make that joke.
    #humourfailure

Pink Panther and Matt The Cab like this.
  5. Dulwich Mishi

Of course I realise you were attempting humour...but there's a fine line between humour and patronising...it's all in the interpretation.

6. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

And you've chosen to take offence on behalf of Glebe when no one else has. :facepalm:

Haven't you got anything better to do?

clog likes this.
  7. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

8. Jimbob73

Jimbob73 The Wanley Road Massive

Get well soon Phil! xx

9. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

Great report from Mike at Brixton Buzz

met a Dulwich Hamlet fan at Glebe on Tuesday night who said it was his first time watching Dulwich Hamlet since his Dad took him to Champion Hill in 1957 - some gap

editor likes this.
  10. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I had a good chat with the owner on the night. Lovely bloke with a real passion for the club and its fans: the exact opposite of Ricky Cokey Madcap.

clog and Pink Panther like this.
  11. scousedom

scousedom Well-Known Member

Haiku punditry,
    Charming innovation, but...
    Too brief to catch on

Ludo, NPDHFC, bkbk and 4 others like this.
  12. Dulwich Mishi

Nope...which is why I waste time reading stuff on your forums. Call me old fashioned, but isn't that how they work...someone comments and someone disagrees. If there were a poll on who proverbially throws their toys out of the pram on here more, you are me, may I humbly suggest you would be the clear winner?
    Believe me I haven't taken offence 'on behalf of Glebe', and would never want to. I am merely offering my own opinion that your comment, even in 'humour' came across a bit Bill-Big-Bollocks and patronising to me, even if you never meant it to be. Once again you can't seem to 'agree to disagree'...

13. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Thing is, you misread it totally. Far from being 'Bill-Big-Bollocks', it was exactly the opposite. With Hamlet's record we have every reason to fear small clubs.

14. Dulwich Mishi

Yes, I understood your meaning, which is why I previously posted: "Of course I realise you were attempting humour...but there's a fine line between humour and patronising...it's all in the interpretation."

Any chance of you explaining how you think I 'took offence on behalf of Glebe'. I can honestly say I'm the one offended by that remark!

15. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I've long lost interest in this discussion.

clog and Pink Panther like this.
  16. crocustim

crocustim Well-Known Member

17. crocustim

I hear that the update was that the ankle was not broken but that there was ligament damage. He's hoping to get back playing in some months. Which is good news, I'm sure broken ankles are not good for goalkeeping.

editor likes this.
  18. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

That's a lovely message. I hope we get to play Glebe again as I really enjoyed the evening out.

19. Dulwich Mishi

I thought you might...rather than explain yourself. Just as well I've now lost interest too...

20. crocustim

But who has lost interest most???

clog, GregDHFC, Cyclodunc and 3 others like this.
  21. Poids

Poids Well-Known Member

As others have said, Glebe were such a friendly and welcoming club. I'm so glad I made it down for this one.

I also thought their team were a huge credit to them. They were three goals down after ten minutes but they showed real heart, determination and commitment to get themselves back in the game in the second half. I hope they have a great season and with their attitude I'm sure they will. Hope Phil will be back between the sticks for them soon as well.

22. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

If they were closer, I definitely go and see them play occasionally. I'll keep an eye out for any interesting fixtures.

the 12th man and Poids like this.
  23. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Love the way they've used my 'spaceship' image to promote their next game :D

clog, darryl, pompeydunc and 2 others like this.
  24. Dulwich Mishi

Don't know. don't care...have lost itnerest....;)

25. billbond

billbond Well-Known Member

Someone has been asking me a question about this game and ive not been able to tell them because i cant find their team line up.
    Did Glebe have a player called Sweeney playing for them against Dulwich ?

26. baleboy_93

baleboy_93 Well-Known Member

Peter Sweeney was an unused sub, the former Millwall player who played in the FA Cup final in 2004

27. billbond

billbond Well-Known Member

Thanks for reply.
    Yes correct has you say he did play in that cup final.
    He never knew if he was still there, retired or give up playing due to a injury which someone had told him.
    I will pass on thanks again

28. Trimmy

Trimmy Member

I'm looking forward to the next match against Greenwich Borough, not least because it is the closest that Dulwich Hamlet could possibly play to my house. Naturally I am worried the gods of Karma will conspire to make sure I miss it, does anyone know why the date hasn't been set yet?

29. Dulwich Mishi

No idea, it's for the clubs to jointly agree, then announce.

30. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

None of the eight 2nd Round ties has been played yet. Four are scheduled for Tuesday 23 October, one for 3 December, the other three including ours are to be confirmed according to the London FA website. I guess it may be easier to find a date now there's no possibility of FA Cup replays getting in the way.