London Open House Weekend - 22/23 September 2018

Discussion in 'London and the South East' started by Puddy_Tat, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Puddy_Tat

Puddy_Tat for the workers' breakfast

The guide for this year's London Open House weekend is now available for pre-order - will be released in August.

Registration for volunteers is also now open - volunteers do half a day at a place that needs more people to do meet & greet (smaller venue) or queue herding (larger venues) - or you can volunteer to be a guide, if you're happy to research your venue in advance (i've not ventured in to that yet but i've done the 'steward' thing the last few years)

you get a free copy of the printed guide, priority entrance at venues where there's queuing (not the ones that they draw names out of a hat for entry) and at the places i've done, get fed tea and biscuits.

Outside London, the Heritage Open Days event which is similar is being spread across 6 - 9 and 13 - 16 September (mixed feelings about that - makes it harder to focus if it's over 2 weekends but guess it gives a chance to go to more places)

2. Puddy_Tat

volunteer bookings now open.

event listings will go live 21 August

3. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

My favourite weekend in London and I am working lates this year (no chance or a reprieve either!
    The listing are out there and the ballots open. Free entry to London's best buildings ยป Open City
    I still rue the day Maggot got to go open the BT Tower and I didn't, still thats life and we keep trying.

Puddy_Tat and Maggot like this.
  4. Puddy_Tat

Gentle reminder that the ballots for Shard, BT Tower, 10 Downing Street close on 12 September.

Still quite a few volunteer slots open if you want to do half a day as steward somewhere.

And for those either already outside London, or prepared to venture outside London, the Heritage Open Days thing is spread over the next 2 weeks (mainly the two weekends, although there are some weekday events)

Maggot and hash tag like this.
  5. Puddy_Tat

this weekend - more here

6. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

I did not get my by tower tickets yet again, so won't be going :(
    Not so much interest on here this year.