1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*London cafes: your very best recommendations, please!

Discussion in 'London and the South East' started by editor, Mar 26, 2003.

1. Virtual Blue

Virtual Blue ready

they keep changing the owners though but atm, it's very good!

2. davesgcr

davesgcr Reading books

Bridge Cafe , West Hampstead - £4.50 for "full English" - excellent place.

Greebo likes this.
  3. MrSki

MrSki Who am I to say you're wrong

But what does the "full English" consist of? :hmm:

4. davesgcr

davesgcr Reading books

Much as a "full Welsh / Scottish etc" - easy over egg (fried) , quality sausage , beans , bacon and 2 full rounds of toast - tea / coffee. Served by nice staff. Locally owned etc

MrSki likes this.
  5. MrSki

Chz and davesgcr like this.
  6. LeslieB

LeslieB Banned Banned

Excellent price for such an expensive part of London too.

davesgcr likes this.
  7. NatM

NatM New Member

Whenever I'm near Kings Cross I try and get to Cafe Oz. It's a classic old cafe. Good food, reasonable prices.

8. hash tag

hash tag sickness. now light

Sultans in Garrett lane , wandsworth is a good honest cafe, prices starting at just .50p for a good mug of tea :thumbs:

9. Athos

Athos Well-Known Member

That's not even a half English breakfast: no tomatoes, mushrooms, black pudding or fried bread.

10. batterseaboy

batterseaboy New Member

SOuthbank is always good to watch the world go by, and theres loads of good coffee in the area.

11. zoefromcy

zoefromcy New Member

Cafe 338 just off bethnal green station, amazing breakfast for such a cheap price. You pay £10 pperson and leave with a fat belly

12. MrSki

A tenner in a cafe a cheap price? :confused::eek::facepalm:

tim likes this.
  13. tim

tim Well-Known Member

The bastards in question are Precapitalist feudal fuckers squeezing their tenants in the way they've done for centuries. The whole area is owned by the Gasgoyne Estates, which is a front for the Marquess of Salisbury and his heirs.

T

14. J.C.Decaux

J.C.Decaux Falasteen hurra!!! Banned

There's a decent Polish Cafe in Ilford called Oberza that does traditional polish home cooking and also english fry-up's, all at a very reasonably price.

15. Shoreditchmeds

Shoreditchmeds New Member

meds cafe on burdett road, mile end. decent all day brekkies. avoid saturday and sunday between 8-10 as its packed with the locals and there is a queue for the tables.

Another good place if your in the ilford area is the The Moral Cafe. on the same road as ilford police station few doors down. absolutely brilliant brekkiw

16. J.C.Decaux

J.C.Decaux Falasteen hurra!!! Banned

^^^ Hello Shoreditchmed,

Is that the Romanian one? under the bridge, past OB and on the left hand side?

btw, just been down your way a few week's ago, loved the falafel stall and the jerk chicken van down the bottom end of Hoxton, the curried goat rice 'n' pea's was fan-fcuking-tastic!