1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logo-tastic! Website automatically generates icons for your business

Discussion in 'photography, graphics & art' started by editor, Sep 8, 2017.

1. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

S☼I likes this.
  2. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I've seen (and created!) worse:

2017-09-08_203122.jpg

3. Vintage Paw

Vintage Paw dead stare and computer glare

Shame you have to log in.

blairsh likes this.
  4. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Just make up an email address.

5. rhod

rhod Mickey Mozart

Funny you should mention this subject.

This article made me laugh a few days ago. The writer is so far up his/her arse... plus, there's no mention of services like Fiverr, which introduce another tier in the logo design hierarchy.

Logo Design, But Not Like This – The Logo Creative© ✏ – Medium

It can only be a matter of time before the talented designers fight over the same sort of niche as bespoke fashion designers, and the rest of the market is serviced by free/cheap as chips providers.

It's an ideal career option for someone with a bit of artistic flair in a third world country, for example. As long as they've got access to a reasonable internet connection and a decent pc capable of running a few hooky Adobe applications, they're laughing. No other overheads.

6. Wolveryeti

Wolveryeti Young Lethargio

I'm guessing it's 'free' to create the logo but you don't have any copyright. So a few years down the line they can look up all these businesses and decide how much they can get away with extorting. Quite a clever business model!

rhod likes this.
  7. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Some of the logos for the most famous companies in the world are devastatingly simple.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Years ago - before the internet - some people thought that the logo had to convey much more info about a company than it does now, but with brand values being established across multiple channels (social media/web etc) it's nowhere near as important. Moreover, because logos have to be used in multiple sizes (mobile/web icons etc) super fiddly ones are likely to be far less effective.

weltweit likes this.
  8. weltweit

weltweit Well-Known Member

Years ago I had a simple logo which irritated me.

Our Ad Agency wonks had devised it in a Mac only font, so we had to keep going back to them for variations on the theme and couldn't easily integrate it with Windows programs in things like letterheads.

I changed it to a similar windows font, and shortly after that we dropped the agency.

9. cybershot

cybershot Well-Known Member

I ended up using Amazingly Simple Graphic Design Software – Canva recently, which is quite good with loads of custom bits and bobs, it's also good at keeping everything in the right place with making bigger and smaller, with a simple "print screen" and a bit of adding transparency yourself, it makes it really easy for the unimaginative twat like me to create good looking stuff for free.

I do feel I should probably give them a bit of cash thou now. So I'll prob give them a one off donation shortly to actually get a proper vector version off them, which will save me a few seconds work!

10. smee22

smee22 New Member

I was reading an article that made doing the logo sound really straightforward (especially with all the free logo design software out there)- I'm thinking about doing this for my business to save on start up costs, but I don't know if it would actually be less hassle in the longrun to pay a professional to do it for me?

Anyone have any experience of paying for a logo design themselves and know whether it's particularly expensive to do? (And/or worth it?)

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017