Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Local Newspaper Headlines!

Bahnhof Strasse

A-wob a-bob bob
Not a funny headline as such, but a cracking story dominates my local right now...

McLaren sports car ends first test run in bushes

A BRAND new McLaren sports car crashed outside the Formula One firm's Woking headquarters, just minutes after it had left the production line.
The MP4-12C road car was involved in a collision with a blue VW Passat at around 3pm on Tuesday (October 4) in Chertsey Road, not far from the McLaren Technology Centre.
Fucker made it about 100 yards from the factory before stacking it:D

Hocus Eye.

Snap, crop, scrap crap
R.I.P.
There was a billboard in Torquay in the summer that started with the words PRINCESS GARDENS blah blah. To a local that would be a story about the continuing saga of a possible development on a well known sea front location. To a stranger it might have seemed to be about a member of Royalty doing a bit of weeding.

danny la rouge

Raddled old poet
HOGMANAY WAGNER CONCERT AT STIRLING CASTLE

I read that last year, and thought "Wow. That's far more high brow than the usual fare".

You guessed it. It wasn't the German composer of Ring fame...

claphamboy

The wheels on the bus go round and round....
Man found dead in graveyard. Harrow Observer.
I assume the Welwyn Times is a sister paper?

The 'Hold The Front Page' website regularly features cock-ups & funny headlines from the press & their websites under the theme of 'Friday Funnies', IIRC when this one from the Gloucestershire Echo first appeared I posted it on the wasting bandwidth thread.....

claphamboy

Just been looking at their Top 12 for 2010, these two made me lol...

We couldn’t believe our eyes when someone sent us a copy of this Chesney Hawkes interview from the Stratford Herald. Neither, I suspect, could poor old Chesney.

The paper’s apology a week later was almost as funny as the original gaffe, with the editor blaming the episode on a ‘particularly vindictive gremlin.’

More here: http://www.holdthefrontpage.co.uk/category/funnies/

purves grundy

ambient clown remix
The 'Hold The Front Page' website regularly features cock-ups & funny headlines from the press & their websites under the theme of 'Friday Funnies', IIRC when this one from the Gloucestershire Echo first appeared I posted it on the wasting bandwidth thread.....

ahhh, i was gonna post that!

claphamboy

These hooligans should not come up her and cause this damage!

This was the front-page headline that didn't make it to print, but only just.

In the days before newspaper pages were made-up on screen, they were made-up on big 'make-up' boards, where text, photos & ads were pasted onto these boards with hot wax, before being driven to the printers for plates to be made, BTW this was only the mid-80s.

I was in the production studio, just before the pages were due to be boxed-up and on their way, when at the very last moment the error was spotted.

This particular headline was concerning an illegal rave up in the hills, and ironically the only letter missing was a 'e'. :D