Llandudno, north Wales chat

Discussion in 'Wales/Cymru' started by gareth taylor, Feb 3, 2015.

1. Kesher

Kesher #Cookie Jar

Llandudno great views; good restaurants; love the Great Orme. Can be very cold in winter because it's so windy at times. 10 times better than Rhyl.

2. friedaweed

friedaweed Sitting down for a wee

Did you go and see the Alarm at Mountford Hall in Liverpool with me in me Ma's car in 1983/4? :hmm::D

3. friedaweed

friedaweed Sitting down for a wee

IMAG0521.jpg

We love a run out to Talacre us. Granted we only go for an evening stroll and some chips and bemusments but it's a lovely beach. Very strong tides and sinking sands:cool: Great for getting rid of your kids :thumbs:

davesgcr likes this.
  4. agricola

agricola a genuine importer of owls

Talacre must be the coldest place in the entire country, its certainly the only place in Wales that I have ever been where a beach froze.

Also there is that abandoned ship.

As for the rest of the coastal towns, I was always of the opinion that they were less rough the further west one went along the A55 (with Prestatyn worst).

5. chilango

chilango *shrugs*

Hell no.

:)

6. chilango

chilango *shrugs*

friedaweed likes this.
  7. chilango

chilango *shrugs*

8. chilango

chilango *shrugs*

9. gareth taylor

gareth taylor Banned Banned

north wales have lots of nice places but also some right hell holes, seems the coast of north wales is where hell holes are !

10. Kesher

Kesher #Cookie Jar

Like the South Wales Coast, EG: Port Talbot vs Tenby. Except compared to Port Talbot, Rhyl is St Tropez

Last edited: Feb 15, 2015
  11. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I'm going this week. I want cable cars and I want trams.
    I've already looked up Llandudno's one and only nightclub and who can't be tempted by "UK NEON RAVE".
    MASSIVE.

12. kebabking

kebabking Unfettered ambition

I really like Llandudno, the town is nice enough - lots of open space, and places to eat and watch the world go by - and the Orme is great: we spent most of a day up there just exploring, watching ships, getting fleeced at the kiosks....

And it's next to Conwy Castle,which is spectacular.

Kesher likes this.
  13. High Voltage

High Voltage In the top 97% of Urban's most interesting posters

It. It. It. It. looks a LOT nicer in the drawing :eek:

14. Chilli.s

Chilli.s Well-Known Member

One thing I remember from my last visit years ago is the bronze age/iron age hut circles on Great Orm Head.

15. mwgdrwg

mwgdrwg Be a Pisces. Jam.

16. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Well, I rather enjoyed my two days there. Great to see semaphore signals (swoon!) still being used at the station. The pier was lovey and the cable car was bloody brilliant.
    Took a train to Blaneau Ffestiniog and then had a ride on the Ffestiniog which was ace, and I loved the dramatic sweep on the seaside promenade.

Curiously, there seemed to be an awful lot of Hasidic Jews and Asian families seen holidaying around the town.

17. davesgcr

davesgcr Reading books

Look forward to some pix then ! - used to be large numbers of Hasidic Jews who used to stay in Aberystwyth en masse at the available student residences up the hill. There was some fall out with the university over use of lit candles etc , so they (from Manchester I believe) , may have changed their allegiances from the "Biarritz of Wales" to the "Queen of the Welsh Resorts"....

Anyway - it is on my "to do" list....

doodlelogic, Kesher and editor like this.
  18. doodlelogic

doodlelogic arbitrary message here

went for first time this summer

was brill, really surprised me

the bronze age copper mine on the orme - amazing, bit sad to think of the kids digging it out by hand tho.

proper punch and judy.

nice pier, fish and chips, beach, prom, ok pubs (one by tram station)

what’s not to like?

Kesher, kebabking and editor like this.
  19. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Did you go on the cable car? It's brilliant!

Kesher likes this.
  20. editor

editor Taffus Maximus