Liverpool FC V Real Madrid, Champions League Final: 7.45pm Sat 26th May 2018

Discussion in 'football' started by passenger, May 26, 2018.

1. Kaka Tim

Kaka Tim Crush the Saboteurs!

It was not about stopping Salah getting the ball - Ramos was absolutely trying to injure him - he was gripping his arm tight and he deliberately "fell" taking salah with him whilst twisting his arm. Cunt probably practices that sort of shit with Real Madrids "dark art's" coach - Vincente Jones.

Badgers likes this.
  2. Wilf

Wilf Aghast.

That's pretty much what I meant. Not that he intended to cause the injury, but that he's 'responsible' for the injury (as opposed to it being a genuine accident).

3. Wilf

Wilf Aghast.

Doesn't she run his 'museum'?

'That'll be 10 Euros please, ta - and yes, he is a cunt'.

Hollis, imposs1904, editor and 2 others like this.
  4. S☼I

S☼I knismesis & volubility

5. copliker

copliker ...

It's not ron's fault that this stuff is so funny when zlatan says it.

Favelado, S☼I and imposs1904 like this.
  6. agricola

agricola a genuine importer of owls

Every time Zlatan opens his mouth someone should remind him of his year at Barcelona.

7. copliker

copliker ...

I don't think his gigantotron ego is tempered that easily, and they still won the league. I can't remember which side he was in at the time, but there's a clip of him somewhere where he's standing on the halfway line with his hands clasped behind his back just watching the action around his team's box.

8. Favelado

Favelado Oh you've got green eyes.

I'm really proud of what Liverpool did this season. If Ramos wants to do things like that and win, then so be it. I'm happy as runner up with someone as brilliant as Klopp, and with the attitude and mentality the team have got.

I thought I'd be distraught, but I'm happy to be a Liverpool fan today.

friedaweed, Badgers, harpo and 3 others like this.
  9. Reiabuzz

Reiabuzz Banned Banned

Gotta feel for Bale. He's not even in the picture.

[​IMG]

10. S☼I

Yeah, my heart bleeds. Just won another European Cup with a goal that will be played as long as the sport itself, with the certainty he'll be playing somewhere next season that will pay him fifteen million pounds a year. But he's not on the front of a sports paper. :(

11. S☼I

12. Reiabuzz

Reiabuzz Banned Banned

He was man of the match despite only playing half an hour. You might expect the front page to mention that rather than begging CR7 to stick around. Awful club.

13. sealion

sealion Conscientious selector

What's awful about them?

14. Reiabuzz

Reiabuzz Banned Banned

Ramos, zidane, Ronaldo for starters. Utterly lacking in grace. And their tedious fans. I don’t even support Liverpool but I was hoping like hell they could shut the fuckers up.

15. Voley

Voley Knees Up Mother Earth

Badgers likes this.
  16. pocketscience

pocketscience Well-Known Member

Ramos
    Maldini
    Maldini 25 Seasons 3 reds - Ramos 13 seasons 24 reds and counting.

Kaka Tim likes this.
  17. Wilf

Wilf Aghast.

Why Zidane? Genuine q, as they say.

18. 1927

1927 Funnier than he thinks he is.

If he had any class he might actually have spoken to the guy who just won him the Champions League at some time during the evening for a start!

sealion likes this.
  19. S☼I

I can't dislike Zidane. Not the BEST footballer I ever saw necessarily, but my FAVOURITE.

sealion likes this.
  20. pocketscience

Karius was in no fit state for a chat tbf.

sealion, Kaka Tim, JimW and 5 others like this.
  21. Ted Striker

Ted Striker Foot's on the other hand

Touche :D

S☼I likes this.
  22. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Ramos has just doubled his cuntitude:

Karius' concussion doctors confirm head scan results

Favelado and MrSki like this.
  23. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Fuck:

24. Wilf

Wilf Aghast.

Not sure I've ever heard doctors drawn into an attempt to change the narrative round a match so explicitly before. Don't get me wrong, it sounds entirely plausible that the barge/elbow from Ramos caused a concussion - and the 2 mistakes were so bad that a concussion was itself one of the few explanations. Dunno though, just seems a bit late to be going through this now. Ramos is certainly a cunt though.

25. The39thStep

The39thStep Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

Doesn't this question the duty of care re players that have had injuries to the head? We won't know what was said at half time but surely the Liverpool medical staff should have asked at least asked Karius about the incident if not examined him?

JimW, sealion and Wilf like this.
  26. pocketscience

Fucking weird how dodgy goalkeeper incidents enabled Real to squeeze through the last 3 games of the tournament:

Quarter Final > Buffon's dubious Red card after Real were given a 93rd minute penalty to seal the tie.

Semi Final > Bayern Keeper Ulreich gives the game away with this beauty

Final > Karius

eta: fuck me - you can actually hear Karius screaming "Arghghg" as Ramos elbows him.

27. Kaka Tim

Kaka Tim Crush the Saboteurs!

well sneakey that elbow - several players blocking the refs view - blink and you'll miss it. Did the physios attend to karius immediately afterwards? Maybe his mistake was not to seek treatment - perhaps fearing they'd have subbed him.

28. Wilf

Wilf Aghast.

I was thinking along the same lines. Presume the ref's report has been long since accepted now so there's no chance of any retrospective punishment. Wouldn't change anything but it would have been nice to take the shine off Madrid's win.

29. steveo87

steveo87 Procrastinating for....a while

Would have Karius known?
    I don't know much about concussion, but I have heard that sufferers are unaware that they're concussed and feel 'fine'.

pocketscience and passenger like this.
  30. newbie

newbie undisambiguated

is it only me that's a bit cynical about a German who works in England and got embarrassed in the Ukraine who has to go to the US of A to find a couple of bought and paid for doctors to give him a diagnosis 10 days later?