Liverpool Echo Arena car park fire

Discussion in 'UK politics, current affairs and news' started by Dogsauce, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Sasaferrato

Sasaferrato Thank fuck it's not over.

I haven't made a claim in years. In fact, the last one was for a broken windscreen about seven years ago. I think I'll move from comp to third party on my renewal, she'll be nearly 8 by that time, and probably worth about £1500.00, if that. Hyundai i30, in perfect mechanical nick.

2. SaskiaJayne

SaskiaJayne Rural Guerrilla

You may find Tpf&t more expensive than Comp Sas. On the grounds that if you want Tpf&t you are more of a risk. You do need to shop around as matter of course at renewal. Same for house ins. Just have a quick trawl of the comparison sites. Ensure everything is same as you existing insurance & you may save £100. Hit your existing provider with it & they fold without a whimper & match it. It’s how “the market” works.

Theres always complaints about it. On Watchdog somebody complained their old mum was being charged £1500pa for house ins by a household name. She had been with them for decades & just renewed each year. They shopped around & got cover for £200. The insurer was unrepentant. They just said they advised customers to shop around.

Bahnhof Strasse, cupid_stunt and 1927 like this.
  3. 1927

1927 Funnier than he thinks he is.

The savings on 3rd party aren’t all that great these days. In fact my renewal quote fully comp was actually cheaper than 3rd party!!

cupid_stunt likes this.
  4. Sasaferrato

If it is within £50.00, I will probably stick with the comp then.

My back tyres are the originals, they've done 53,000 miles so far. :D

SaskiaJayne likes this.
  5. cupid_stunt

cupid_stunt Dyslexic King Cnut the Great.

My broker told me that, I admit I was surprised, because 3rd party used to be a lot cheaper.

6. Teaboy

Teaboy It definitely looks brighter over there..

It's all about the personal injuries etc and what happens if you are held at fault for a crash. A few thousand for a second hand motor is nothing compared to the bills run up for third party injuries.

7. Sasaferrato

Yes, I'll certainly be changing my house insurance come March.

8. Bahnhof Strasse

Bahnhof Strasse Free the Sepsis Six!

Nat West. Weasily little cuntbag tried to make out that the peace of mind in having a name she knew and trusted renew annually for her was worth the price differential. The sick specimen of humanity that he was.

kebabking, likesfish and SaskiaJayne like this.
  9. Dogsauce

Dogsauce Lord of the Dance Settee

This is the standard business model for most utilities and insurance companies these days, taking advantage of people's loyalty and keep bumping up the price, trying it on - in particular affecting the elderly. It's such a shitty dishonest business model. Virgin internet are among the worst for it, I think we once after several years ended up paying something like £35 a month for fairly crap internet and a TV package that was basically the freeview channels. I hate the fact you have to keep changing supplier so as not to get ripped off, a completly pointless waste of human effort. Thanks capitalism.

10. SaskiaJayne

SaskiaJayne Rural Guerrilla

The hapless call centre operative is just reading from a script. Laughable moment is always when having shopped around & they reduce your premium to match lowest quote they then ask if they can keep your credit card number for “automatic renewal next yr to save you the trouble of remembering to renew”. It’s a waste of time asking why the fuck they would ask you that when you have just saved yourself £70 by doing the complete opposite. It’s just the script on their screen & thats their job. :D

11. chandlerp

chandlerp Well-Known Member

When my car was written off by a drink driver earlier this year, my insurance company tried to increase my premium by more than £800 on the new car. When I argued with them they immediately caved in and REFUNDED £50 from my previous policy instead.

They're all chancers. Basically, they were prepared to try and get an almost extra £900 from me on the off chance I would just accept it

cupid_stunt likes this.