1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Liverpool 2017/18: Kopscene! All right....

Discussion in 'football' started by S☼I, Jun 20, 2017.

1. cybershot

cybershot Well-Known Member

I'm really surprised they didn't go for a blue and white away kit this season. I think we could get over wearing blue for several games this season to mark the occasion.

Badgers likes this.
  2. Fedayn

Fedayn Well-Known Member

So, Jesus scores against Liverpool. Quite literally good triumphing over evil.

friedaweed, Badgers and agricola like this.
  3. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp

#badtimes

Pickman's model likes this.
  4. cybershot

The games against the teams who finish in the bottom 14 will define our season, so I'm not too worried about this. Move on. Sevilla on Tuesday!

Badgers likes this.
  5. agricola

agricola a genuine importer of owls

All comedy aside, that commentary from Neville (especially) and Tyler on Sky from the point that Mane got sent off onwards was probably the worst I have ever heard. Both of them should be fired, if for no other reason than they demonstrably do not understand football.

Badgers likes this.
  6. TruXta

TruXta tired

I know Neville likes his football robust, but to not see that was a red is just odd.

Either way, fuck that. Onwards to Wednesday.

Badgers and agricola like this.
  7. The39thStep

The39thStep Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

I nearly always end up switching from Sky to the Canadian TSN channel after a while to avoid Gary Neville. he's increasingly becoming some half sozzled mumbling lush at the end of a bar trying to play Devils advocate. At least his gormless brother doesn't try and be clever.

Badgers likes this.
  8. The39thStep

The Mane sending off might explain how you didn't score but it doesn't explain how you conceded five. Half hearted imo. At least we were spared Oxlaide Chamberlain trying to play central midfield .

Badgers likes this.
  9. TruXta

TruXta tired

Klavan's partly to blame, IME. Guess Lovren was rested for the CL game. Anyway, we can afford to lose against City, it's the likes of Watford and West Brom I worry about.

Badgers likes this.
  10. The39thStep

Nothing like early season optimism

friedaweed and Badgers like this.
  11. TruXta

TruXta tired

This year is hardly ever our year ;)

Badgers likes this.
  12. Fedayn

Fedayn Well-Known Member

Early season Klopptimism...

friedaweed, Badgers and The39thStep like this.
  13. TruXta

TruXta tired

I thought your lot was over the moon after the transfer window. Now look at the state of you.

Badgers likes this.
  14. cybershot

Hardly, there was mass hysteria that we didn't sign another centre back.

Now had time to reflect, actually think it was pretty poo to just give up like we did, no LFC side should just allow themselves to be walked over, regardless of 10 men, didn't get started in 2nd half and just seemed to give up, rather than trying to keep it respectable.

Badgers likes this.
  15. TruXta

TruXta tired

Mate, I'm talking about Everton :D

cybershot and Badgers like this.
  16. Fedayn

Fedayn Well-Known Member

Same old same old. Whereas you lot are as deluded as ever.... Klopp has a worse record than Rodgers and yet you lot still think he's Jesus incarnate....

Badgers likes this.
  17. TruXta

TruXta tired

:thumbs:

Badgers likes this.
  18. ohmightycat

ohmightycat New Member

I think this is just going to be another season where Liverpool are chasing a CL spot. They may at times look like world beaters going forward but their defence is just not even close to being good enough. They really needed to buy a couple of centre backs to go with Lovren this season. Klavan, at best, is okay but sometimes I look at Joel Matip and think 'they got him on a free transfer - and they still overpaid'. I love the way Liverpool play but I always get the feeling that they could manage to blow almost any size lead against almost any standard of opposition.

Badgers likes this.
  19. 1927

1927 Funnier than he thinks he is.

His brother tweeted is was a definite red!

Badgers likes this.
  20. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp

21. The39thStep

Badgers and friedaweed like this.
  22. cybershot

Defence in shit shocker costing us the game. Klopp seriously needs to address this or he can fuck off. Losing patience with it. Pointless scoring loads of goals if we concede so fucking easily. It's been going on since Brendan and is becoming infuriating.

Badgers likes this.
  23. TruXta

TruXta tired

Been like this since Benitez left. We regularly conceded less than 30 goals in the league a fair few of his seasons. OTOH we weren't as freescoring, but we were better when it counted.

Badgers likes this.
  24. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp

Not the end of the world.

We drew 2-2 against Sevilla who most recently beat us 3-1 in Europe. Shame not to win the home leg but nearly won it 2-1. Maribor drew 1-1 Spartak Moscow so the table is all square.

Defensively LFC are weak. This needs to be addressed but nothing much is going to happen till January so got to work with what they have. On a positive note Coutinho back on the pitch to a massive ovation and Salah starting to get his goal legs.

25. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp

Defence is weak but despite a strong attack there is still little end product given the stats.

Shots:
    Liverpool 24 - 7 Sevilla
    Liverpool 35 - 4 Burnley

Final scores:
    Liverpool 2 - 2 Sevilla
    Liverpool 1 - 1 Burnley

59 shots for 3 goals meaning LFC have a 5% chance of scoring vs the opponents 27% chance.

26. cybershot

Was at the game, man that was frustrating. Really miss Mane and Lallana in games like this. One of them and I think we'd have nicked it. Neither of them, and it really shows, just their extra energy peeks up the others.

Badgers likes this.
  27. happie chappie

happie chappie Well-Known Member

28. cybershot

He has a point, I'm starting to get fed up myself. How many transfer windows does he want?

29. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp

Maybe Klopp should just start the whole U23 team?

Screenshot_2017-09-22-21-37-13-1.png

30. TruXta

TruXta tired

.... and breathe.

God how shit is our game management? Great three points but as per we make life unbearably hard for ourselves.