Liverpool 2017/18: Kopscene! All right....

Discussion in 'football' started by S☼I, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Favelado

Favelado Half to the Tower, please.

Good day for us. Chelsea stadium on hold, and Poch probably to go. Nice to see rivals struggling.

2. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

Real also interested in Klopp :mad:

3. S☼I

S☼I I don't want your poxy mint

Who wouldn't be?

He's going nowhere.

Badgers likes this.
  4. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

I would put Klopp and Poch as the two most settled (is that the right word) managers in the PL.

Pickman's model likes this.
  5. cybershot

cybershot Well-Known Member

Klopp strikes me as the kind of person that wouldn't leave a job unless he thinks he's gone as far as he can with it. I think he still has the hunger to bring success to Liverpool and isn't finished here. He'd probably find the Madrid job too boring in the sense that success is virtually guaranteed.

6. tommers

tommers Your disco needs you

:D yeah, he'd definitely get bored of all the winning.

You saw how downbeat he was about drawing with West Brom. Imagine how much beating Barcelona would upset him.

sealion likes this.
  7. cybershot

Zidane clearly did, and didn't have the appetite to rebuild an ageing squad. It's similar to Liverpool when Souness took over, but La Liga is about as competitive as the Scottish Premier League on the domestic front. Only Europe poses any real challenge.

8. sealion

sealion Well-Known Member

You could say the same for Germany, Holland and the Premier league.

9. Favelado

Bollocks. Madrid only came 3rd this season and the teams regularly smash English ones. Plenty of good teams in the league.

sealion likes this.
  10. cybershot

Only 3rd. Bless.

11. Favelado

In fact it's the other way round. Madrid have only won the league twice in the past decade, but they've won the past 3 CLs.

12. cybershot

The thing is with Athletico, the same will happen as always happens when they or Valencia have a good season, they get raided by Europes big boys.

There's teams in the Championship that could beat the mid-tier sides in La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A. The Eredivisie isn't even worth mentioning in the same breath. Not because English football is great, but because all the decent players play here because too much money is thrown around.

At least the Premier League (this season apart) and Serie A at the moment can throw up some competitive seasons where the top 4 are not a given and the mid tier teams can sometimes kick the boot in more often.

13. Favelado

Atlético are now one of Europe's big boys. They just won a European trophy, finished second in the league, beat Arsenal, have one of the best 3 managers in Europe, moved to a 70,000 capacity stadium, and remain very difficult to play against.

This standard English football fan line you are trotting out isn't true. I can only speak for La Liga, but mid-table Spanish sides would smash championship teams, and ask United how they got on against Sevilla. The football is still technically much better here lower down the table. I don't know why people still think it's Scotland here. It's more like England but with the two best sides on the whole planet stuck on top of the rest.

Riklet likes this.
  14. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

Allegedly Liverpool have agreed £62m fee for Nabil Fekir plus add ons worth around £10m. Medical at Melwood today :)

15. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

Mixed 'rumours' about the above now appearing :hmm:

But...

If Nabil Fekir does join for the £52m being reported, Liverpool have got a strong midfield (+ Keita £48m and Fabinho £39m) for just £10m more than they sold Coutinho for :cool:

16. S☼I

What sort of position does Fekir play?

Pickman's model and Badgers like this.
  17. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

Attacking Midfielder but seems flexible.

Sorry about the advert/music on this video:

S☼I and Pickman's model like this.
  18. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Every man and every woman is a star

Yeh you have great difficulty getting them out of comfy chairs. Or any chairs for that matter.

Badgers likes this.
  19. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

From the BBC gossip section :eek:

20. S☼I

Well he can bloody well unagree.

Badgers likes this.
  21. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

Emre Can has finally signed a 4 year deal with Juventus. He fucking dragged that out :rolleyes:

22. S☼I

Good player, but we've two coming in who are significant upgrades.

Badgers likes this.
  23. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

24. friedaweed

friedaweed Sitting down for a wee

Expect interest in Mo is imminent now the winkers been sold ;)

25. TruXta

TruXta tired

ION Karius apparently had a shocker against mighty Tranmere today :hmm:

26. friedaweed

He kept a clean sheet against Chester :D

27. friedaweed

Even Sturridge scored :eek:

28. TruXta

TruXta tired

I fully expect him to start the season between the sticks.

29. friedaweed

Sturridge? :D

30. TruXta

TruXta tired

I wouldn't be surprised if he is still a squad member either. Unless he's willing to take a hefty paycut who wants to gamble on his injury record?