Liverpool 2017/18: Kopscene! All right....

Discussion in 'football' started by S☼I, Jun 20, 2017.

1. sleaterkinney

sleaterkinney Well-Known Member

Into the semis, Barca out. Don't think anyone will fancy coming up against us.

Badgers and friedaweed like this.
  2. friedaweed

friedaweed Sitting down for a wee

I've just text my lad to make sure he doesn't give Coutino his mums spare BT on line log in as I've begone to enjoy getting it for free :D

Badgers and sealion like this.
  3. friedaweed

Yeah really lucky result that over the two legs. 5-1 against the premierships best team.

Badgers likes this.
  4. Voley

Voley Ramoner

That Roma result. :eek:

5. friedaweed

:D

Badgers likes this.
  6. N_igma

N_igma Epistemic nuisance

Was fearing the worst after the first two minutes but we defended very well and got the two goals. You’d be wanting Roma in the semis but they can beat anyone on their day too so remains to be seen. All in all very impressed with that YNWA!

7. sealion

sealion Well-Known Member

Badgers likes this.
  8. binka

binka !!!!!!!!!

I meant tonight they were lucky. That city goal wasn't offside for example. If they'd gone in 2-0 at HT it could have been very different

Badgers likes this.
  9. steveo87

steveo87 Procrastinating for....a while

I've had a drink, but I have to say:
    Three (and a bit) years ago, it was Brendon Rodgers, Iago Aspas, and Rickie Lambert.
    Now we've got Salah, Firminho, and Klopp. It's been 10 years since we've got to a semii-final of the Champions League.
    It's fucking joyous, we might still end up without anything, we've come so fat.

sealion, Badgers and N_igma like this.
  10. friedaweed

Aye really lucky. :thumbs: As we say round here...If your Aunty was a man she'd be your Uncle.;)

Badgers likes this.
  11. TruXta

TruXta tired

Speaking of Aspas, third best striker in La Liga this season. Came to us off the back of stellar performances too. No idea what happened to the lad on Merseyside, but clearly he's a top player.

12. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

The commentary in this is sensational!

Badgers likes this.
  13. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

But they still let in 5 goals.

steveo87 likes this.
  14. binka

binka !!!!!!!!!

Yes I did notice that

Badgers likes this.
  15. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

Good win away :thumbs: Salah quieter than usual but great goal when it mattered. Great team performance at the back too!

Barcelona going out was a massive shock! Would love it if Juventus pulled off a miracle at Madrid later :hmm:

9-9 over 4 games against City this season :D

sealion and Pickman's model like this.
  16. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

17. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

The semi-final draw takes place at midday on Friday. Not even sure who I would prefer to see LFC drawn against :hmm:

Pickman's model likes this.
  18. belboid

belboid TUC Off Your Knees

Sevilla

steveo87 and Badgers like this.
  19. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

Aye :)

Can't see them beating Bayern tonight. That said there was no way Roma were going to win last night :D

IMG_20180411_085827.jpg

20. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

IMG_20180411_091517.jpg

Putting the strikers aside for a change. Klopp has done great things with this squad.

I did not agree with his support of Lovren. He is still a bit inconsistent but really seems to rise to big occasions.

Milner and Chaimberlain are real grafters. Milner especially given he is 32 and has been playing in/out of position. Henderson is much maligned but his stats tell a different story.

Alexander-Arnold and Robertson are setting themselves up for world class careers already. Lots of people said that 75m for VVD was too much but his lack of criticism speaks volumes.

Plus Karius seems to be securing his place as #1 keeper.

sealion likes this.
  21. S☼I

S☼I Are they supposed to be as sick as you and me?

Badgers likes this.
  22. S☼I

S☼I Are they supposed to be as sick as you and me?

Badgers likes this.
  23. cybershot

cybershot Well-Known Member

I think part of Lovren's success, if you can even call it that, is his need to have a solid partner. Chopping and changing his partner hasn't helped him. If his partner is confident, he is confident.

Which says a lot about Virgil, he has quietly been incredibly consistent. I think because we expect it from him, it's gone unnoticed.

Badgers likes this.
  24. cybershot

cybershot Well-Known Member

And agree about Karius, he clearly just needed a solid run in the team, he's looking more secure as each game goes by, although there was a few flaps last night.

Badgers likes this.
  25. steveo87

Plus he's a good looking lad.

Badgers likes this.
  26. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

Mickey Mouse leagues :D

S☼I and Pickman's model like this.
  27. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

IMG_20180411_095414.jpg

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
  28. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

Indeed :thumbs:

We have some really impressive managers in the PL right now. People like Mourino are a decade out of touch.

Lovren is (now) a solid player and (for me) a first team pick. Some of that is down to VVD but there are plenty of other players that could improve alongside a player of that strength.

Dejan Lovren Statistics | Premier League

You build a squad around what you have and grow from there. Buying a Pogba and selling shirt's to kids is not building a squad.

29. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

He is a boy band in waiting :D

steveo87 likes this.
  30. steveo87

He's friends with Justin Bieber, which is disappointing.

31. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

I don't give a fuck about Justin. Or his friends. Or what is classed as friendship in that world.

The first gig I went to was Lonnie Donegan but I don't bang on about the Cumberland Gap FFS

Pickman's model and steveo87 like this.