1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Liverpool 2017/18: Kopscene! All right....

Discussion in 'football' started by S☼I, Jun 20, 2017.

1. S☼I

S☼I Comic sans routine

So: rumour mill says we're in for Aubameyang. I've seen a little of him and he's undoubtedly a class act, but that end of the pitch isn't so much of a problem as t'other. Happy if we can get him but Klopp needs to spend a similar amount on the defence and possibly a holding midfielder (of high quality).
    And is Coutinho still in danger of leaving for Barca?

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
    Badgers likes this.
  2. steveo87

steveo87 Procrastinating for....a while

Aubameyang is a no go, imo, too expensive both in price in wages - if he goes anywhere (in the Prem), then it's probably Citeh.

Coutinho to stay (for now), he won't get the playing time at Barcelona.

Despite everything, I can see van Dyck transfer going through, albeit probably on deadline day.

Salah looks like a GO! but for way too much money. That said I can see the £39-40 million mark being broken a couple of times during the summer.

3. S☼I

S☼I Comic sans routine

Not seen much of Salah but what I HAVE seen he's very quick, very left-footed, is a very calm finisher but his final ball/crossing leaves a fair bit to be desired.

4. Christian Burt

Christian Burt Well-Known Member

Salah is an ideal signing for Liverpool.
    Cannot see a big name striker coming up.

Badgers likes this.
  5. N_igma

N_igma Epistemic nuisance

Can't believe we fucked up the Van Dijk deal but still hoping it can be resolved come the end of the window. We also need a left back and defensive midfielder.

It's all well and good buying pacy attacking players but our defence has been our major problem for about 4 years now like fuck sakes get it sorted. Salah is a good signing he has bags of pace and will work well with Mane in particular. However both play on the right so maybe Salah out to the left as he is left footed with Coutinho and Firmino in a central role and a sole striker up front would be ideal.

On a side note I got tickets to the Man Utd game at Anfield in October first ever game against the scum can't wait

6. The39thStep

The39thStep Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

He is very quick and direct , dribbles well but when he was at Chelsea his decision making was very poor. Hes matured a lot to be fair and he is a good signing ,if overpriced ,but you will be holding your hands up in exasperation as much as you will at his brilliance.

Badgers likes this.
  7. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp

So latest rumours?

Keita £70m :hmm:
    Oxlade-Chamberlain £25m :hmm:

Is Van Dijk dead now? I thought £50m was a bit rich but heard £70m being bandied about :facepalm:

Pickman's model likes this.
  8. N_igma

N_igma Epistemic nuisance

Aye don't think Van Dijk is going to happen now. The chairman said something about not releasing any of their players with the new manager coming in and what not. It would be a shame if we didn't get him he was one I was looking forward to see playing for us.

£70 million for Keita? Even in this super inflated world of football transfers this is just ridiculous. The guy has got potential but for that amount of money you would want world class proven players and ideally players who have shown their worth in the Premier League. We'll probably end up shelving £50 million for him just hope he comes good otherwise it would be a massive waste of money.

Not sure what Oxlaide Chamberlain is going to add to the mix we have Mane and Salah already and others who can play out wide? We need to sort our defence out and get a world class striker fs.

9. SE25

SE25 1 sec lemme chat about road

Give us Sakho you slags

ffsear likes this.
  10. ffsear

ffsear Well-Known Member

11. Watermelon Man

Watermelon Man Active Member

This season we will win the league. Our owners are a sack of dog shit but Salah, Mane and Firmino are going to destroy defences. Yeah

Badgers likes this.
  12. friedaweed

friedaweed Branded as a fool

What's your point caller?

Slow night at the Blue Kipper?

Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
  13. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp

14. cybershot

cybershot Well-Known Member

Badgers likes this.
  15. Watermelon Man

This thread title is dog shit. Champions 2017/18 is much better. Kopscene. All right? A bit too lame for the best team in the land.

Badgers likes this.
  16. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp

Blast from the past...

Pickman's model and steveo87 like this.
  17. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp

Barcelona uppung their offer for Coutinho to £80m :mad:

Can allegedly has agreed terms with Juventus :hmm:

18. passenger

passenger up and down...

This but i'm saying please can we have him at a sensible price

Badgers likes this.
  19. Watermelon Man

Sensible price? Where have you been for the last 30 years? I like Sakho. OK, sometimes in possession, he looks like he's overdone it on ket but he's a pretty solid defender.

Klopp thinks he's a bellend so wants to get rid. £25-30 million (ridiculous) seems about right.

Badgers and passenger like this.
  20. cybershot

3 Keita bids now rejected, don't see this one happening.

Badgers likes this.
  21. steveo87

steveo87 Procrastinating for....a while

Yeah I doubt it.
    I'm glad to be honest, it'll just be another Pogba situation, where you've got a decent player who is constantly being derided because of something completely out of his control.

Badgers likes this.
  22. cybershot

Looks like we've given up and will wait until next season when he has a release clause.

Badgers likes this.
  23. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp

24. Watermelon Man

The squad needs fattening up a lot. I predict a real burn out in the season. There's already injuries now. Wait until we are playing two intense games per week.

Badgers likes this.
  25. cybershot

Agree, We don't seem to be learning. Same cycle over and over.

Qualify for champions league
    Following season do shit on all fronts because don't have the depth and quality to cope with amount of fixtures - finish outside top 4, win nothing
    Probably sack the manager at Christmas when still doing shit following season after selling best players (Coutinho, Firminio) still finish outside top 4.
    New manager spends a fortune, only competiting domestically and mount a title challenge, which either goes the wire or filters out, qualify for champions league.
    Repeat from start.

Badgers likes this.
  26. Watermelon Man

American owners are shite. When they are not shooting elephants they are generally lowering standards. I hope FSG sell up and fuck off.

Badgers likes this.
  27. S☼I

S☼I Comic sans routine

All this positivity is overwhelming.
    And the thread title is fuckin' boss.

steveo87 and Badgers like this.
  28. Watermelon Man

If we don't sign more players the thread title will sum up our season..."alright".

29. sleaterkinney

sleaterkinney Well-Known Member

Yeah, they've made all the wrong decisions so far.

30. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp