Liverpool '08

Discussion in 'Midlands and the North' started by soulman, Nov 19, 2008.

1. sojourner

sojourner Where's me readers?

!! Yep - I do. Listened to it religiously when I was 12/13 :cool: You're the only other person I've heard mention it though :D

Wilsons - used to be a brilliant bar that. Bands on all the time, one of the greatest juke boxes ever.

Swan - i still go in sometimes, but not the same after Clive died

As for Skelhorn St - I used to go the Buzz many moons ago :D

2. harpo

harpo Listening to Radio Jackie

YAY! Rick Dane and his constant battle with the authorities to stay on air! Thank GOD I've found someone else who remembers it. I was about 12/13 too.

3. sojourner

Gawd, I'd forgotten his name :D

I used to tape it as well - Heart Full of Soul STILL reminds me of Saturday afternoons in my bedroom, drinking coffee and fucking about trying to get the start of the songs :D

Yay - I'm ridiculously pleased someone else remembers it :D

4. sojourner

5. harpo

harpo Listening to Radio Jackie

6. stereotypical

stereotypical hospitality king

Yeah mate, same old place like. Was having a nice pint in there the other night :)

7. soulman

soulman is no more...

We are talking about the Beehive in Paradise Street, not the Beehive in Mount Pleasant?

8. stereotypical

Yeah man, the one pretty much opposite Maccys

9. soulman

soulman is no more...

That's the one. I'll have to seek it out and pop in there for a pint or two when I get round to doing the xmas shopping.

10. stereotypical

He is a bit of a fascist that Quiggins bloke aint he. He was on that BNP demo in town the other week giving out leaflets and the like, arsehole.

Remember when Quiggins was in its final year when they hung a massive flag on the side of the building which was a Che Guevara style picture but with that his face on instead?? Then he ran for council or something, does anyone remember he had a stall in town with a petition etc.

Id be interested to know if his battle with the council and his disillusionment led him towards the BNP and far right politics or whether he has always been fash.

11. stereotypical

Its the only pub round them parts worth going to really, the post office round the corner on School Lane is half decent aswell I reckon.

The one on Mt Pleasant aint to bad either, if pissed up rowdy old women at 2pm on a Wednesday afternoon is your thing :D

12. sojourner

Quick aside - when the fuck did those fuckoff big wind turbines go up?? I noticed them a couple of weeks ago whilst coming down Everton Valley Road, and wondered if they were actually turbines, or it was yet another silly fucking idea by the CoC planners :D

They're not moving very fast, have to say

13. sojourner

:D ace tag

I've listened to a couple of shows now - been bopping round and grinning like a daft get :D

14. soulman

soulman is no more...

Last time I was in there I saw some faces from the past, faces I could put meetings and situations to, but not names. It was all a bit weird...

15. In Bloom

In Bloom Joyless and full of hate

Oh Christ, I'd forgotten about that until now. Tragic :D

16. soulman

soulman is no more...

Do you mean the new ones at Seaforth?

17. Pickman's model

Pickman's model every man and every woman is a star

Miss-Shelf and Badgers like this.