List the films you've seen at the cinema: 2019

Discussion in 'books, films, TV, radio & writing' started by colacubes, Jan 1, 2019.

1. RubyToogood

RubyToogood can't remember what goes here

The impression I got was that
    in the book Tyler deliberately sets Laura up to sleep with Marty in order to sabotage her engagement whereas in the film this isn't really spelled out and so it falls a bit flat.

In short I thought it was probably a case of the book being better than the film, without actually ever having read the book. I will try and get it.
    E2A it does have some good outfits though.

oryx likes this.
  2. Part 2

Part 2 bizarre wanking accident

Anyone seen Holiday?....I didn't see it at the pictures but I know it's recently been on in Manchester so might be on release although it's a 2018 film.

I'd heard there was a shocking scene in it but hadn't thought beyond that what it might be.

It's a brutal rape

A very good film about the dull lives of small time gangsters, on holiday in Turkey.

3. gosub

gosub ~#

Apocalypse Now! Final Edit : enjoyed it

4. Wilf

Wilf Dances like a Christian

Must admit I didn't like it, felt really flat throughout and I didn't really care about any of the characters. :( And that was before I remembered it was a Weinstein production (from which he was later written out).

5. Wilf

We were booked in to watch that and I was really looking forward to it - would have been the first time I'd seen it on the big screen, maybe the first time all the way through also. Trouble is I have neck/back problems and the seats we booked were at the outer end of a row. Would have been too much to sit for 4 hours.

The point of this heartwarming tale is that we turned up at the cinema and because we've got a monthly card for the ugc, we replaced Apocalypse Now with Blinded by the Light - probably the biggest contrast in cinema history. :thumbs: It was actually quite good, though it got dangerously close to becoming a sentimental, song and dance film in places. Same feel as Pride.

Saw Once Upon a Time in Hollywood last night. Certainly a 4/5. Mixes a storyline about a declining moviestar and his stuntman with real events from the late 70s. There's a twist but that would be very spoilery.

6. Mrs Miggins

Mrs Miggins There's been a slight cheese accident

Is it a good twist Wilf ?

Wilf likes this.
  7. Wilf

Yes, it's unexpected, but something that you also want to happen. It's actually quite funny as well. If I even allude to it, you might get what I'm on about, so I won't. Realise that's not very helpful :p but it is a good film.

8. Mrs Miggins

Mrs Miggins There's been a slight cheese accident

That's helpful enough! It's one of the few films I'm interested in at the moment and just want to make sure it's not going to be rubbish :)

Wilf likes this.