1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

List of those for whom Welfare Reform and cuts were too much to bear

Discussion in 'UK politics, current affairs and news' started by Frankie Jack, Jul 7, 2012.

1. ViolentPanda

ViolentPanda Hardly getting over it.

Jesus head-banging Christ! :mad: :mad: :mad: These deaths aren't "accidents", the suicides that have occurred are due to culpable parties - i.e. the authorities - and yet much of the media won't address the issues, which are that Work Capability Assessments, as carried out by "for profit" companies to whom benefits accrue if they cut the claimant count, KILL. Sanctions can injure and/or KILL. Universal Credit transfer periods can injure and/or kill. This government is killing and injuring people. They are culpable.

2. Chilli.s

Chilli.s Well-Known Member

"Liked" only in agreement VP. You say it so well.

crossthebreeze likes this.
  3. Libertad

Libertad Man of Steal

Mother of four found dead as she couldn’t afford to keep warm after her benefits were cut

4. Orang Utan

Orang Utan Sub-Sub-Librarian

5. teqniq

teqniq DisMembered

6. Slo-mo

Slo-mo Well-Known Member

We really, really need to fucking stop this happening.

Whatever your view on JSA sanctions, getting your JSA sanctioned doesn't affect your legal entitlement to housing benefit. The fact that in practice people are getting punished not once but twice for often the most trivial of mistakes which barely warrant more than warning. This could be sorted out so easily by checking why a persons JSA has been stopped before closing the HB claim.

I just think the powers that be can't be arsed sorting this out. I really do despair.

Chilli.s and crossthebreeze like this.
  7. existentialist

existentialist It could always be worse.

We're meant to despair. Despair breeds fatalism and compliance in a way that anger doesn't.

crossthebreeze and Slo-mo like this.
  8. Slo-mo

Slo-mo Well-Known Member

Oh I'm angry too :D

9. billbond

billbond Well-Known Member

shocking and very upsetting all these terrible storys
    Not saying its right but im amazed there have not been some attacks on these people who stop these peoples benefits and sanctions etc
    I know they are doing a job and have to follow instructions but dear oh dear
    would not be surprised if there was a major incident one day
    What a job

10. BigTom

BigTom Well-Known Member

There have been a few attacks on JCP staff and buildings in Birmingham over the past few years. Not on DWP ESA assessment centres as far as I know though.

11. Libertad

Libertad Man of Steal

Badgers likes this.