Lewisham Neighbourhoods Chitter Chatter

Discussion in 'London and the South East' started by Melinda, Apr 2, 2008.

1. Smangus

Smangus comatose at a desk

Walked past there this morning , wondered what the police tape was all about.

2. oryx

oryx Sitting on the bock of the day

Gutted to find out via Twitter that the lovely Mr Lawrence wine bar in Crofton Park closes on 5 May.

I have been going there longer than living nearby and it is a real proper old-school wine bar that pre-dates the ongoing gentrification of Crofton Park, and a bit of a local institution. Not sure why it's closing - suspect the owners are retiring. We will be going in there before it closes to say farewell and thanks for all the (good, reasonably priced) wine.

Maggot likes this.
  3. not-bono-ever

not-bono-ever Space/time supply indicators near to zero

4. not-bono-ever

not-bono-ever Space/time supply indicators near to zero

sorry if this makes no sense, but a dildo in a lewisham bin was worth of a pic

5. oryx

oryx Sitting on the bock of the day

It looks like a spectacularly filthy dildo. Those stains. :eek::eek::confused::D:D

6. GarveyLives

GarveyLives Well-Known Member

Lewisham custody death man 'beloved role model' (click for more)

7. Rutita1

Rutita1 Scum with no integrity, apparently.

8. ska invita

ska invita back on the other side

9. ska invita

10. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

:eek: wow!! swappies doing something other than speeches and paper selling!!
    or real people given placards as per usual?

11. ska invita

I'm not sure how many real swappies are involved... It's a local group thing above all is my impression

Write up and pics

oryx and ddraig like this.
  12. bromley

bromley ...isn't as good as Lewisham.

I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.

Maybe I'm wrong, but this doesn't seem like 1977 to me where the NF were out to cause violence and against the community. I don't know much about this and expect to be put in my place but preventing free speech doesn't sit well with my, unless it is inciting violence.

13. Mr Smin

Mr Smin Registered Luser

You let them get a toe-hold and after that they'll be inciting violence.

I do wonder what the point of a hustings is though. A tiny number of attendees will be genuinely undecided. And all candidates can and should put a statement online, and a speech on YouTube, for anyone who couldn't get to the event.

14. Puddy_Tat

Puddy_Tat lumpen proletaricat

this weekend is 50 years since the lewisham floods (which extended as far south as bellingham)

local blog 'running past' has a detailed post on it here

[​IMG]

perspective - this was taken outside the entrance to the Odeon - this is about the closest i can get to the same angle on street view - the church is still there, the site that's now the old billodrome was then chiesmans department store. i guess their bargain basement was somewhat soggy...

mum-tat's photos (i was not around just quite yet at the time) here

15. Puddy_Tat

Puddy_Tat lumpen proletaricat

similar lot on the QWAG (Quaggy Waterways Action Group) website today - some different photos

[​IMG]

(buses were more robust then)

oryx and Rutita1 like this.