Lewes vs Dulwich Hamlet - Weds 10th Feb 2016

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Fingers, Jan 17, 2016.

1. Scolly

Scolly Well-Known Member

upload_2016-1-28_14-37-50.png

clearly if you want to get your haircut, around now is a good time.

PS who was there yesterday stickering the window??

2. Fingers

Fingers From Tuscany SE22

Joe K likes this.
  3. Joe K

Joe K no al calcio con orchestra di ukulele

Looked at the Seaford one yesterday as well. It looks a lot more Crimestoppers than Lewes.

4. editor

editor hiraethified

[​IMG]

Oh dear... :D

vornstyle76 likes this.
  5. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

I always wondered what a hipster looked like....ah..it's a bearded twat in a Lewes scarf!

Pink Panther likes this.
  6. AndyDHFC

AndyDHFC Well-Known Member

Am I the only one amused that this has stretched to 9 pages without the match even being played?

7. Joe K

I honestly think that this will be the thread that, when they do some great digi-archaeological survey of the entire internet in 3984, will come to define what it was like to be a Dulwich Hamlet supporter during the dying throes of late capitalism. It'll be on the front page of loads of online museums, the Rosetta Stone which finally allowed historians to make sense of the mysterious concept of 'hipster football'.

8. Joe K

In other news, this game might even be played this week.

9. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

To be fair...you are easily amused! ;)

"What shall we do with the big fat Chairman..."

AndyDHFC likes this.
  10. Scolly

Scolly Well-Known Member

Should be going, planning on being in Brighton just after lunch and walking along the coast to Newhaven.

11. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

When I type 'BBC' into my search engine it now predicts that i'm typing 'BBC weather Lewes'.

Third time lucky.

12. AndyDHFC

AndyDHFC Well-Known Member

That wasn't easy. It took a good three hours of composition in Victoria Wetherspoons and getting thrown out for singing too loud before that particular ditty took formation.

Pink Panther likes this.
  13. editor

editor hiraethified

Cold but dry says the forecast :thumbs:

StephenMac likes this.
  14. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

I remember Mishi & I getting thrown off a 176 bus for singing 'Waltzing Matilda' with a couple of Aussies we'd got chatting to on the way home after Dave Garland's first match as manager in 1997.

Dulwich Mishi, AndyDHFC and Joe K like this.
  15. Joe K

I didn't know there was any behaviour bad enough to warrant expulsion from the 176.

Nivag, Pink Panther and GregDHFC like this.
  16. DonkeyAssessor

DonkeyAssessor Well-Known Member

My wife was on a 176 one morning when the whole bus load of passengers were turfed off. (Admittedly, It was to make them walk up Dog Kennel Hill, and get back on at the top, because the bus couldn't make it up in the snow when loaded .... must have been winter of 81/82 !) ..... sorry not dHFC related.....

Pink Panther, Joe K and AndyDHFC like this.
  17. 3010

3010 Well-Known Member

I presume we'll see a few changes to the starting lineup for this game after the performance against VCD. I think Dean McDonald will be benched as he looked out of sorts/disinterested on Saturday, culminating in one bizarre attempted shoulder pass which went straight out, and was then subbed straight after the second VCD goal. Rhys to start in his place so we would have two proper wingers again which might help Moss get some decent service. I also think Jack Dixon will start, having been unlucky to be on the bench after being one of our best players in the previous few games. Plus as he's ex-Lewes he should be fired up for it. With Dixon in, I'd drop Ash as he's not offering much at the moment (taking out his penalty and assist against Staines) - too casual at times, slows the play down by taking an extra touch and offers very little defensively. We will have to find someone to take the free kicks and corners but am sure we can manage. If Jordan Brown is ready to start, I'd bring him in at left back as he's more of an attacking threat than Jordan Hibbert and just as solid defensively. Other possibility if Gav wants to shake things up, could be to drop Sankofa who's looked a bit suspect recently (beaten for pace a few times against Staines and outmuscled by Sappleton against VCD), move Mitchell Nelson into centre back with Drage (assuming Ethan is still out) and put Jordan Hibbert at right back. Thoughts?

Jamie Wyatt likes this.
  18. pompeydunc

pompeydunc Well-Known Member

Fourth attempt. At least it has delayed the start of the inevitable decline in form.

Scutta likes this.
  19. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

I don't count the postponement for the Trophy as there was no need to be checking Twitter etc on the day of the game to see if it was on.

20. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

A smart phone is now considered to be hipster? Jesus wept

21. darryl

darryl this wasn't supposed to happen

It'd be nice to commandeer a 176 to Lewes, for those of us who can't scrape together the cash for the train fare...

AndyDHFC likes this.
  22. Scutta

Scutta Live Fast Die Bizarre

gadgets n stuff like that always have been... think nathan barley type .... instagram... etc

23. Jamie Wyatt

Jamie Wyatt Well-Known Member

Agree! Wouldn't be surprised if we don't see much more of McDonald after Saturday!

24. Griff_Turnstile

Griff_Turnstile Flitting in & out like Tinkerbell on Meth

Going to be a night of the long knives after Saturday if you start dropping players after one bad game.

Pink Panther and Scutta like this.
  25. Joe K

I do love the drama of Gav's Nights of the Long Knives, but it's usually better when they happen earlier in the season than at the beginning of squeaky-arse time.

vornstyle76 likes this.
  26. Lucy Fur

Lucy Fur Well-Known Member

Any news?

27. Jamie Wyatt

Jamie Wyatt Well-Known Member

His attitude was the reason he got subbed, not something Gav seems to put up with!

28. pompeydunc

pompeydunc Well-Known Member

29. editor

editor hiraethified

[​IMG]

30. Terry.c

Terry.c Member

can anyone advise me on train travel to lewes tonight, ie getting there and
    back to denmark hill by train if possible. thank you