Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Lewes vs Dulwich Hamlet - Weds 10th Feb 2016

Joe K

no al calcio con orchestra di ukulele
Update: not sure it rained as much as expected, although there's still a fair bit to come. Possibility of ambiguity. I reckon still highly unlikely, mind.

StephenMac

Update: not sure it rained as much as expected, although there's still a fair bit to come. Possibility of ambiguity. I reckon still highly unlikely, mind.
Gah! I'd pretty much written this off by yesterday but the weather seems to be being a right bloody tease.

Joe K

We went to, or tried to go to, Lewes - Merstham on January 2nd. We left home 50 minutes before kick-off, at which point the Lewes twitter account was running a big 'ALL OTHER FOOTBALL IN SUSSEX POSTPONED - GET TO THE PAN - WE'RE DEFINITELY PLAYING' campaign. On arrival, the turnstiles were open and various fans of Whitehawk and Shoreham were discussing why they'd come all the way to Lewes to stare at an empty, puddle-covered pitch.

Pink Panther

May be a further inspection though..
The next inspection now will be by the match referee when he gets there, probably some time around 6pm, though possibly earlier. Basically, keep your ear to the ground and don't anyone assume it's definitely going ahead just because the pitch is playable right now.

darryl

this wasn't supposed to happen
Mind you, I can't make it tonight, either. (I bought my train tickets in advance so had a lovely afternoon in Brighton last Wednesday, and hopped over to visit the pub in Lewes that editor recommended, which was a great little place.)

StephenMac

Mind you, I can't make it tonight, either. (I bought my train tickets in advance so had a lovely afternoon in Brighton last Wednesday, and hopped over to visit the pub in Lewes that editor recommended, which was a great little place.)
This is turning into the £100 fixture.

Joe K

I was hoping it'd be off as I'm ill and would rather be at home reading a book, but now I'm going to have to stay at work until I have a viable sense about whether or it will be on (it's extremely grim out right now). Not ideal.

editor

hiraethified
I'm still recovering from a really horrible bout of flu, so wandering around Lewes in the rain really would have been the stupidest idea. For anyone who's going - please grab some pics if you can! And have a nice trip :)

jnrknight

James Knight
Greetings forum,

Sometime reader, first time poster.

For those who have not committed to train tickets and with the above news re: tonight’s game (pending any further news to the contrary) I think I’m going to make a late dash for it by car circa 5:45-ish pm from East Dulwich. The idea of Lewes in the rain on a Wednesday night has not swayed my missus so if anyone wants a lift there and/or back from that neck of the woods drop me a PM, will have some empty seats spare.

An abortive U-turn on the A23 can always be performed should negative news become available en route…

Ta, James

editor

hiraethified
Greetings forum,

Sometime reader, first time poster.

For those who have not committed to train tickets and with the above news re: tonight’s game (pending any further news to the contrary) I think I’m going to make a late dash for it by car circa 5:45-ish pm from East Dulwich. The idea of Lewes in the rain on a Wednesday night has not swayed my missus so if anyone wants a lift there and/or back from that neck of the woods drop me a PM, will have some empty seats spare.

An abortive U-turn on the A23 can always be performed should negative news become available en route…

Ta, James
Magnificent first post, James :thumbs: