Lewes vs Dulwich Hamlet - Weds 10th Feb 2016

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Fingers, Jan 17, 2016.

1. pompeydunc

pompeydunc Well-Known Member

That's far from deluded. Some might say that lacks ambition.

2. editor

editor hiraethified

I'm very much over that 'booing the players' thing. But I won't clap them if they've been utterly shit either!

Pink Panther likes this.
  3. DonkeyAssessor

DonkeyAssessor Well-Known Member

Winning a league opportunities are limited in a player's career.

4. DonkeyAssessor

In the 3 plus weeks since Jan 9th hamlet had played 5 times, Lewes just twice. Their players were fresher than daisies on their pitch revitalised by a good dousing of cat piss

5. DonkeyAssessor

In retrospect, my last replies to Mishi were abrupt, and do not reflect that I recognised and felt his ( having supported the team for many more years than me) pain when I saw him on Lewes station after the game last Wednesday.

Indeed he is correct that some players have let the club and fans down, but to accuse them of “cheating the fans “ was going too far.

Indeed it could be argued that it is players at our level who have been cheated out of professional football careers, by the authorities allowing so many foreigners into the league ranks, which has prevented them attaining such status.

Managers of professional clubs bemoan the fact so many games are scheduled and that their 40 strong squad, £150,000 a week players have such heavy workloads, which in their case is often about seven games every four months , whereas ours have just been called upon to play a similar number in the same number of weeks, on top of their normal work commitments.

Meanwhile we see a couple of coaches of the Chelsea Belgian supporters club going through Peckham on the A202 on their way to Stamford Bridge, on Saturday lunchtimes when they have albeit rare 3 o’clock home games, whilst local people priced out of top division grounds come and watch National or Ryman league football.

There is something drastically wrong with the way football has developed in the last two decades to cause such, thanks to Sky Television and tvvats like Bosman.

…….. but that is a topic for a different thread..

Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
  6. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

I might wait and wave to them next week or whenever.

Cyclodunc likes this.
  7. DonkeyAssessor

Timed at 12:10 for their game v Everton 4 weeks ago, to give you a rough idea of their schedule and save you unnecessary hanging around :)
    ....................un less of course their ferry was delayed that day

8. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

I hope I'm not taking anyone's ticket next week when I'm at Meiendorfer v. Altona 93.

Enjoy Brentwood away... ;)

9. DonkeyAssessor

Have a good trip mate, a good way to put recent disappointments behind you.

10. DonkeyAssessor

Hope to F* it doesn't get postponed due to frost or snow, always a risk when organising trips to foreign venues (or indeed some in this country) at this time of year

Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
  11. Dulwich Mishi

Yep, but that's just an 'occupational' hazard. If it's off it's off.... the weather forecast is ok, but a short spell of 'heavy rain' is due in Hamburg. Will certainly see some football...but the 'main course' is the Altona game.
    I'd rather the Brentwood Town game is off, so I can see that when it's re-arranged! ;)

Oh, and I don't put disappointments behind me...I just get used to them, and wait for the next one to come along..!!! ;)

12. Scutta

Scutta Live Fast Die Bizarre

It was off this weekend! Gutted. :mad:

13. Fingers

Fingers From Tuscany SE22

Arse, did you get to go to another match?

14. Scutta

Went St Pauli vs red bull on Fri. Hsv falcons (?) A team set up by the fans of Hsv who don't like the way Hsv is run... think fcum actually there were quite a few of their flags there. We then went to Altona 93 ice hockey which was great fun. On Sunday though they just opened up the bar at the club house for us and watched loads old of altona footage from 60'a through to recent and then watched spurs smash man city. and of course got vewy dwunk :thumbs:

darryl, clog, all to nah and 2 others like this.
  15. Fingers

Sounds ace apart from the Spurs City game ha ha.

Watched it in Crystal Palace and saw loads of Dulwich scarves floating about in the pubs.

Scutta likes this.
  16. Dulwich Mishi

Scutta likes this.
  17. Scutta

18. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

Where did you drink round there? I didn't think any of the pubs in the Palace showed live football anymore. (Royal Albert has the BT Sport games but not Sky.)

19. editor

editor hiraethified

20. DonkeyAssessor

Oh dear,
    Winterpause will nicht enden !!!!

21. sleaterkinney

sleaterkinney Well-Known Member

editor likes this.
  22. Fingers

The Railway Bell shows footy. The Irish sports bar seems to have vanished

Pink Panther likes this.
  23. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

Ah yes, watched Scotland v Ireland in the Euro qualifier in there with a Scottish mate last summer. (Most locals would probably class the Bell as Gipsy Hill rather than 'the Palace', which is generally assumed to mean the triangular arrangement of one-way streets at the top of the hill.)

Patrick's (the Irish bar) closed a while back and is now the hideously titled 'Cocktail Embassy' although I believe they serve real ale. (I know Damian the manager as he used to be manager of Beer Rebellion the Late Knight's micropub opposite Gipsy Hill station which is my local.)

24. pompeydunc

pompeydunc Well-Known Member

25. DonkeyAssessor

Well you got that part of your wish right, but there's always some other team that buggers it up......

Lewes beer festival on Friday 17th and Saturday 18th June at the Town Hall if you need another excuse to go there.

But who needs a beer festival with decent offerings at almost all the pubs in the town.

A more pleasant place it would be hard to find, to spend a lovely summer afternoon exploring ; if you are at a loose end.

Fingers likes this.