Lewes vs Dulwich Hamlet - Weds 10th Feb 2016

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Fingers, Jan 17, 2016.

1. Terry.c

Terry.c Member

still seeing double, going back to bed.:)

StephenMac and sankara like this.
  2. vornstyle76

vornstyle76 Vorn Chic Vorn Genre

I think we need to drop the arrogant idea we've outgrown the Isthmian League because of our (current) crowds and efficient (erm...) management. (1) We thankfully play at a level where a team with attendances 5x the average don't just waltz to the championship. (2) The fad for Dulwich is very temporary. (3) We're beginning to sound like AFC Wimbledon.

Jamie Wyatt, Scutta and StephenMac like this.
  3. editor

editor hiraethified

Caption competition is open:

5.jpg

Ludo, Cyclodunc, Scutta and 4 others like this.
  4. editor

editor hiraethified

I should say that mentally I was fully prepared for the crushing defeat last night so it hurt a whole load less than VCD.

PartisanDulwich likes this.
  5. vornstyle76

It's The Hope That Kills You

6. Joe K

Joe K no al calcio con orchestra di ukulele

Sub-competition: what does StephenMac look like in that picture:

1) the disillusioned, incipiently nihilistic anti-hero of a Dostoevsky novel.
    2) a campaigning journalist who knows that something goes All The Way To The Government.
    3) a Soviet general melancholically weighing up the huge human cost of relieving the Siege of Stalingrad.

7. ForwardHamlet

ForwardHamlet Well-Known Member

8. mick mccartney

mick mccartney Well-Known Member

So , where do we go from here ? Manager and captain read the riot act on Saturday , one more chance last night . Who comes up from the reserves... ah . Sow has hardly been seen , Fernandez dropped off the radar . Penny and Mascoll on loan will/can they be called back . When is Ethan due back ? Will Kev be in midfield on Saturday?

9. Monkeygrinder's Organ

Monkeygrinder's Organ Dodgy geezer swilling vapid lager

I don't know what you're all moaning about. We scored a goal - that's about our best effort at Lewes ever.:cool:

(Quite glad I decided not to bother though.:p)

clog likes this.
  10. clog

clog she seems to like to nitpick and moan a lot

Please never that, AFC's arrogance when climbing up the leagues was one of their least endearing characteristics.

11. Scutta

Scutta Live Fast Die Bizarre

i was referring to the fact we always seem to loose there around this type of year.... rather than pitch or anything else..its just what we do

but you are right we should expect three point from a shit a team... be interesting what the reaction from the management will be.

12. pompeydunc

pompeydunc Well-Known Member

How about not mistake the previous seasons and chop & change and publicly criticise players after one defeat?

We've lost two games and played poorly. That's it. We are still second. We (fans) need to remind them how they got there in first place. We win together and lose together.

Finally, we've seen what a team without Carew looks like now. Rudderless, lacking patience and struggle to control game. He might not have been at his best of late, but that is no reason to drop one of our best players.

13. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

I love the suggested romanticism but I think it may have been trapped wind.

editor, Scutta, Cyclodunc and 2 others like this.
  14. Joe K

If you will eat an all-day breakfast at half six in the evening...

StephenMac likes this.
  15. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

Sankara *whispering*: "have that you c..."

16. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

Vietnam vet haunted by the man he watched burn a vietcong village to the ground

Joe K likes this.
  17. sleaterkinney

sleaterkinney Well-Known Member

We need to get a grip. AFC Wimbledon had lots of fans used to supporting a big team who just took it as a short spell slumming it in the lower leagues, we don't have the same mentality.

We were in the playoffs last season, had a few new players, it's not arrogant to expect us to be up there again.

Cyclodunc likes this.
  18. Joe K

Captain Scott at the South Pole, realising Oates and the rest of the lads may have been a bit quick to break out the champagne.

19. vornstyle76

Expecting to be competiting (which we still are, I hasten to add) is different to thinking we're too big for a league.

The AFCW line was partly tongue-in-cheek.

20. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

isn't that from not getting the ball headed back onto the pitch? (assuming I've got the right person)
    :)

21. StephenMac

"Isn't Oates back from his fucking walk yet?"

Pink Panther and Joe K like this.
  22. StephenMac

I was stretching to get my head on it I tell you! Also, thanks to nobody for telling me I had a muddy imprint on my forehead.

Nivag and Cyclodunc like this.
  23. ForwardHamlet

ForwardHamlet Well-Known Member

Sorry mate, I thought that was your face.

Cyclodunc likes this.
  24. StephenMac

Boom!

25. sleaterkinney

sleaterkinney Well-Known Member

Yeah, no reason to expect success off the pitch to be reflected on it.

26. editor

editor hiraethified

Jimbob73 and StephenMac like this.
  27. Scolly

Scolly Well-Known Member

I'm still undecided if I made the right choice not to go in the end. Still I was constructive and nearly got the 'scoreboard' banner done ........ although given recent results I may need to get more numbers made for the opposition's score

vornstyle76 likes this.
  28. StephenMac

Airplane II reference? Niche!

editor likes this.
  29. editor

editor hiraethified

30. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

editor likes this.