Lewes vs Dulwich Hamlet - Weds 10th Feb 2016

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Fingers, Jan 17, 2016.

1. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

I'm pissed off sitting here indoors.

2. Joe K

Joe K no al calcio con orchestra di ukulele

Bob on. Criticising an absolute piece of piss performance is an integral part of being a football fan. That was shite, and there's no two ways about it.

(For the 'this is what it's like supporting Dulwich' authentocrowd - yeah, I fucking know. I've supported shit football for years, and called it out when it's been rubbish.)

Fractals, Terry.c, Lucy Fur and 3 others like this.
  3. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

Plus points from the game, the burger with chorizo and mozzarella tasted good, especially at £5 and their third goal was good.

4. Scutta

Scutta Live Fast Die Bizarre

LEWES HIPSTER FUCKS

vornstyle76 likes this.
  5. Scutta

that was awful........ but what do you expect in lewes in feb.

if only jordan hibbert was playing....

also Nyren again the only shining light - BUT NOT AT RIGHT BACK.

PartisanDulwich likes this.
  6. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

We dont seem to like playing on the South Coast or Thames estuary mid week

7. Scutta

but also should give Lewes some credit for capitalising on our awful display... plus it was great to have some noisy fans on the other side...

I was desperate to go tonight as I thought there wouldnt be a chance of playing each other next season....either them going down or us up. but if they carry on playing like that and we do as well then maybe we will get a trip next season.

8. Terry.c

Terry.c Member

what sort of quote does The players and fans are cunts, mean in any context. FUCK OFF

9. editor

editor hiraethified

Ignore him.

Terry.c likes this.
  10. Scutta

you sir are drunk ;):p:thumbs:

Terry.c likes this.
  11. vornstyle76

vornstyle76 Vorn Chic Vorn Genre

"THE PLAYERS AND FANS ARE CUNTS" is the next scarf design.

sankara, Scrooge, Scutta and 4 others like this.
  12. toby kempton

toby kempton Well-Known Member

It looks like dulwich have given up winning for Lent only 6more weeks till we can win agian
    #fearoffebruary

Scutta, Terry.c and vornstyle76 like this.
  13. Jimbob73

Jimbob73 The Wanley Road Massive

14. ForwardHamlet

ForwardHamlet Well-Known Member

It's arrogance. Same every season. Solid start through autumn and over Christmas and then expect to win every game during run in. Different players each season so sense of entitlement must come from management - purposefully or not.

15. Jimbob73

Jimbob73 The Wanley Road Massive

at least we can concentrate on the cup now

16. vornstyle76

vornstyle76 Vorn Chic Vorn Genre

Over the years I've got the impression that the management think acting "professional" is the key to winning. Not being professional, but acting it. I'd hazard a guess this is where any sense of entitlement comes from. Like the games are already won because the (part-time!) training is "professional".

Danny Waldren was quoted as saying how Dulwich were the most professional semi-pro set up in the pyramid near the start of the season, and it did strike me as a bit hubristic.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
    Scutta, Joe K and ForwardHamlet like this.
  17. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

"need to just get on with the job
    and not demoralise players or fans"

Not demoralise the fans? how can fans NOT be demoralised after games like this? Yes, let's keep on singing to show how wonderful we/they are????
    We should not be lemmings!
    A good burst of 'what a load of rubbish!' at the final whistle might have brought home to some of our under-performing prima-donnas how much they have let the management and the supporters down after the last two matches.

best response we can do, is build a winning atmosphere at Champion Hill on Saturday

Atmosphere does not win games...results have proved that, but yes...get behind the team in whatever way we choose. Maybe that's what cost us last night...the fans all out in the open in the first half, when there was plenty of cover just along the side...

Joe K likes this.
  18. Dulwich Mishi

"that was awful........ but what do you expect in lewes in feb."

Um, call me old fashioned, how about THREE fucking points against decidedly average opposition that are bottom of the bloody table! Grrr!!!!!

Blitzwalker and Lucy Fur like this.
  19. Dulwich Mishi

"Try not demoralising players when you've spent 50 plus quid on yet another shite performance at lewes. If people who have made the journey want to be pissed off, then so be it." That's part of the problem...we didn't piss off the players...when it's rubbish we should let them know!

20. blueheaven

blueheaven Well-Known Member

Bloody hell, what's going on? Looking at our squad at the start of this season, with the arrival of guys like Waldren, I really thought we'd added the bit of steel and presence to make sure we didn't have a collapse at a crucial point this time round. Really don't understand where this has come from.

The only thing keeping us in the title race at the moment is the fact that the other teams around us also seem to be a bit rubbish when it comes to not dropping points. Looking at the table though, we could very easily find ourselves in a position where we're struggling to even make it into the playoffs.

21. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

I might have bought into it to a degree last season but blaming winter pitches is clearly bollocks.

Moroccan Sunset likes this.
  22. Dulwich Mishi

Some of the points won when we came up were in some of the worst conditions of the season. Weather & pitches are not worth an excuse, in my opinion. Conditions are the same for both sides. If some players are as good as they think they are...they should be able to rise above any conditions the weather throws at them!

Moroccan Sunset likes this.
  23. pitchfork

pitchfork Well-Known Member

Not good enough, team selection was poor, why on earth do you leave one of your strikers on the bench and a play a winger who has no form and only bring on the one who can potentially change games in the 76th minute? I was stood by the dugout at the VCD game and you could hear Gavin and Junior basically telling players continually where to run, pass etc... it was if they didn't have a clue what to do without being told. I don't want to be pessimistic but we have lost 9 times and 7 of those were teams in the bottom half, not title winning or even play-off material. Fans are entitled to be pissed off given the quality we have, large attendances, articles in the national press and feel good factors do not get you promoted!

24. sankara

sankara Well-Known Member

Give me some credit - I only said it once.

Moroccan Sunset and Cyclodunc like this.
  25. Joe K

Joe K no al calcio con orchestra di ukulele

More soberly this morning, that was absolutely crap - probably the worst I've seen Dulwich play since the 'Phil and Ahmed are off at a wedding' defeat at Harrow in September 2013. You can't blame pitches - Lewes also largely play the ball on the ground and out from the back, and they completely dominated us for huge swathes of last night's match. They are on the turn, and are arguably in a false position, but player-for-player you would really expect us to get over our apparent psychological hump about them this season.

One thing that's been bugging me since the start of the season, and I say this with the caveat of not having been to many matches, is the lack of a reliable driving impetus in the team. For a side who are second in the table, we seem to be second to the ball in midfield far too often, and we don't seem to run at the centre of our opponents these days - perhaps this has been the case since Erhun left, but I think Xavier Vidal offered this when necessary last season. Waldren hangs back too much and it just isn't Ash Carew's style. Our best first-half moment last night came when Jack Dixon decided to take a bit of responsibility, surged forward, and had a crack from range. I think we're more reliant on width than we used to be - back in the day going wide and crossing was only one of a range of options, but it seems to be the main route forward now. Not sure this entirely does Nyren the best service, as he's often most effective coming in and serving as an auxiliary striker.

Nice to see everyone last night, pity about the game.

26. editor

editor hiraethified

It felt like we were one player short for much of the game. That's how bad we were.

PartisanDulwich and Joe K like this.
  27. clog

clog she seems to like to nitpick and moan a lot

That's odd - away fans went under covers at the side at both East Thurrock and VCD (should add that I did not, because I like standing behind the goal.)

28. editor

editor hiraethified

The fans could have brought in a 500k soundsystem, introduced Mexican waves, balloons and amusing hats - and had Beyonce lead the singing last night - and we still would have played shit.

29. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

While I think we can safely say that the 'where to stand' debate has been done to death, make that many deaths, I was pretty astounded by how loud the singing was from the desolate end in the first half when I went up the other end to have a piss.

Nivag, pompeydunc and clog like this.
  30. Terry.c

Terry.c Member

I was seeing double at the time of reading and replying to your post.