Lewes F.C

Discussion in 'football' started by mod, Mar 1, 2019.

1. mod

mod A modernist

Anyone Lewes F.C supporters on here?

I'm going to the game tomorrow. My first visit to The Dripping Pan.

I'm a disillusioned fulham fan looking for a local team to follow and like the look of this lot. managed by Darren Freeman too. Ex fulham striker.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
    Badgers likes this.
  2. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Do you live in Lewes or otherwise nearby?

Badgers likes this.
  3. Monkeygrinder's Organ

Monkeygrinder's Organ Dodgy geezer swilling vapid lager

No but I've always enjoyed visits there, a few knobheads aside. Just about the best awayday for pubs too.

mod and Badgers like this.
  4. mod

mod A modernist

Near London Road station in Brighton so its very easy to get there.

I’m in London Monday’s and Tuesdays so get to see Fulham occasionally but for £50 to £65 a ticket in the premiership no thanks.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
    B.I.G likes this.
  5. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

The stadium is lovely but I’d choose Worthing over Lewes if I had to choose. I’m under the impression its also nearby (could well be wrong) :)

Enjoy :)

Saw Lewes play Carshalton last week at Carshalton. Didn’t seem out of the ordinary for the league. Oddly the footballwebpages predictor thinks they will just scrape into the playooffs this year.

Badgers and mod like this.
  6. [62]

[62] This week the score draws are plentiful

Fond memories of a great day out there a few years ago - Harveys Brewery, good pubs and the chance of bumping into Nick Cave - but I mainly love the matchday posters:

Lewes FC

7. mod

mod A modernist

That was fantastic. I really enjoyed that. A very, very charming place. Loved the ground. The standard of football was much better than I was expecting but the highlight of the day for me were the Whitehawk fans!

Despite Brighton being at home, a crowed of 800 (i think i heard) were at The Dripping Pan.

Attached Files:

Nivag likes this.